Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pylontech battery keeps crashing

Options
  • 12-05-2022 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 21

hi all

had solar fitted in December with a 3.5kw pylontech battery.

in the last 4 weeks it has crashed 3 times. it has stopped working and the alarm has gone off (with 12 to 14 days between each crash).

each time it has been early in the morning (5,6,7 o'clock), and each time it has had a different level of charge (ranging from 15 to 60 %).

when i re-boot it it comes right.

i contacted my installer and they got on to the manufacturer who said it was an issue they were aware of and a firmware update should sort it

however it hasn't, so i will have to get them out to have a look.

has any one else had similar issues with pylontech batteries.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭reklamos

Never had issues with pylons. Does inverter give any errors?

The best thing to find out what is happening is to connect to battery using serial cable. It does provide a lot of info. But since the battery is relatively new I would ask installed to replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭al2009

Had same issue few months ago, after online troubleshooting they replaced battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭niallers1

My Pylontech batteries haven't missed a beat in 3 years. Hopefully they continue that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 MATTYON

Advertisement