Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Official Tour De France Guide 2022

• 12-05-2022 12:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭

The Official Tour de France Guide is now available to order. The premium one can be got here - https://www.buysubscriptions.com/special-editions/the-official-tour-de-france-2022-premium-guide

I've never got this before, largely because I leave it too late and it's sold out by the time I want it. What's the best way to get it in this country? Order it through Easons? Get it from the above link and get it delivered via Addresspal? Do newsagents in this country stock it, so you can just walk in and get it?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 681 ✭✭✭ILIKEFOOD

I've never had a problem just picking it up in Easons without ordering.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,457 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I used to get it in my local Easons (Galway), but they'd only ever have a relatively small stock so it'd disappear off the shelves pretty quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Just me or you can't actually purchase the 2022 from that web link above?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Raoul Duke

Found it in my local Easons. The premium one for €14.62. Which seems like a great price for the guide and a pair of Tour de​France socks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

just popped across to Easons nassau st and got mine, with the socks !!, €16.08

• Advertisement

So it turned out that I got a non-official fan's guide to the Tour de France. It comes with socks, which the official premium guide is supposed to come with too. A bit cheeky of them, if you ask me.

The link in the 1st post is working now, because it looks like they started sending them out today.

Back to checking out Easons for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,747 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Still can't buy from that first link. Every time I click on the product it generates a circular link and reloads itself.

Just me and my browser?

Also, separately, what's the different between the standard version and the premium version? (Hopefully not the socks).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Melodeon

I found this website with some details:

<quote>

Standard UK English-language Edition – £10.99 – see this page.

• 204-page program/magazine with individual stage maps + stage start/end times + Tour de France Femmes info
    • Set of 3 beer mats
    • 28-page Alpe d’Huez supplement (the supplement for this year's TDF guide focuses on iconic moments of Alpe d'Huez to both celebrate its inclusion in this year's race and 70 years since its first inclusion at the TDF)
    • France wall poster of the entire route

Premium UK English-language Edition – £16.99 – see this page.

• 204-page program/magazine with individual stage maps + stage start/end times + Tour de France Femmes info
    • Set of 3 beer mats
    • 28-page Alpe d’Huez supplement (the supplement for this year's TDF guide focuses on iconic moments of Alpe d'Huez to both celebrate its inclusion in this year's race and 70 years since its first inclusion at the TDF)
    • France wall poster of the entire route
    • Souvenir TDF socks

</quote>

So, it appears that the only difference is the socks!

Direct links to the different editions, which currently seem to be working and in stock:

https://www.buysubscriptions.com/special-editions/the-official-tour-de-france-2022-premium-guide?countryCode=GBR&promo=print1&utm_medium=referral&utm_source=affiliates&utm_campaign=freewheelingfrance_print1

Edited to add:

No shipping outside UK, it would appear. ☹️

Edit 2:

And now the direct links don't work any more! I give up. 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭devonp

me too....in Easons , seems its a cycling weekly/cycling news association...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Mr. Cats

They had a few copies of both official (sockless) and fan version in Easons Dun Laoghaire last weekend.

• Advertisement

Just a quick FYI here rather than opening another thread (I shouldn't have put the year into the title of this thread when I set it up) about the Official Tour de France Guide. I picked up the latest one in Easons a few days ago, for anyone interested.

Advertisement