Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iberdrola

Options
  • 11-05-2022 9:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭

Got a knock at the door for this energy supplier. I see they are listed under bonkers.ie and usually come in around mid-table in rankings.

But interested to see they have a lot of different plans... holiday home, 8 hour plan etc... anyone have any experience. More of this sort of thing could be good for the irish market i guess.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,618 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Used them when they came in and were cheapest. Billing systems are awful, would put me off going back.

I'm with them. Excellent customer service. I go online to mybills.ie where I have Iberdrola as a payee (an An Post service) and pay whenever I like so I am usually in credit and get a very small bill when it's issued. I did this with my Electric Ireland too, pay a bit every week so there are no huge bills. Its all about how you manage your bills (if you can). Iberdrola are excellent to talk to on the phone, you get through to an agent within a minute or two. They have €200 cash back for new customers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

Signed up for them for a business in March. All seemed fine, got contracts, account numbers everything. they said they would let us know when we could get access to online system.

Fast forward to last week, we got a bill from previous supplier, rang iberdrola, they said our accounts had been cancelled. They couldn't tell us who cancelled them, just that they weren't active and could we please go away.

My impression of them is not favourable.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭buzz11

Same thing happened to me on a business account, mysteriously closed for no reason

LOL, they stupidly sent me an e-mail to review their customer service. It went onto trustpilot.

I slated them and funnily enough they were able to call me within a day or so. Didn't resolve my issue or their lack of communication so no effect really.

Shows you they do pay attention to the ratings there though. Not that I would encourage anyone to give them a poor rating. God no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,811 ✭✭✭Alkers

We've been with them for about a year and the online portal etc is working now and no issue for billing our end.

No loyalty, they were cheapest on bonkers for my usage last year, will be shopping around again soon

Iberdrola announce they will be pulling out of the Irish market.

So long now.

Advertisement