Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roisin Dubh gigs

Options
  • 10-05-2022 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Just wondering about gigs in the roisin dubh. If it says doors at 8pm does that mean the gig will start soon after or not for an hour or so. Will be attending some gigs there on my own and dont want to be standing there for ages before the gig starts.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

If I remember correctly, if there is a support act they could come on stage quite soon after doors open. If it is just the main act it will more likely be 9PM when they come on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

• Registered Users Posts: 14,344 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

You'd be totally fine to be there for 9, quite a lot of the time the support isn't even on by then. Even though it always says doors at 8, it's almost never doors at 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭Stevolende

I think you will frequently find teh busiest area in the venue is going to be teh smoking garden upstairs . & its nly if its a popular band that is likely to sell out that you are going to need to be conscious of 8pm really. Hoping band is going to be over by 11pm in order to get last bus used to be a bit of a trial. & DJs after when I got a chance to catch those was pretty good too.

NOt sure if they play much before hand since I think the actual djs are afterward.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Phone them and ask. For most gigs the main act isn't on until maybe an hour after the mentioned time. Obviously it can vary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭hargo

Hijacking this thread but wondering if there is any seating at Music gigs in Roisin Dubh. Going tomorrow to Mick Flannery and wondering if its worth heading early to get a seat. Contacted the venue but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭Unrealistic

In my experience it depends on the gig. If it's going to be a mellow performance then full of tables and stools. If not, then none.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭hargo

Thanks for reply. Went last night and already a large queue at 8pm. Good warm up straight away and a few stools around the walls.

Advertisement