Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Giro Stage 3 - Kaposvár to Balatonfüred (201km)

Options
  • 08-05-2022 12:36pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The last stage in Hungary is what should be a standard sprint finish. So take your pick really - Ewan, Demare, Cavendish, Gaviria and Bol are the main sprinters here and the likes of MvdP, Magnus Cort and Girmay should also be involved despite preferring more difficult finishes. Too late to check the odds again but it's easy enough to guess. Normally you would expect Ewan to be a big favourite but after his fall and Cavendish having the best lead out man in the game evens things up a bit so who knows. My pick would still be Ewan.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Read somewhere MvdP will work as a lead out man for Mareczko as a plan A. My bet's on Cav, however. :)

Something my wife pointed out yesterday was the fact they went to the trouble of giving MvdP a lovely 'bicicletta rosa' and the Canyon logo was practically invisible. They have that sorted on the road bike today with the downtube logo in black.

Not a fan of Matt White but I do like how accessible he makes the team to media for the big races. Decent interview there.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,305 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

The real-time heart rate data from Whoop is pretty cool

25 km to go... the peloton have caught the breakaway... probably a bit too early in my opinion. Someone will surely try clip off the front at some stage

5 km to go

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,839 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Jaysus not even close

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,815 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Ewan let down by his lead out yet again. Girmay still looked 4th despite not being able to actually sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

surely demare and gaviria should be embarrassed at this point. beaten by the old man.

Great win though for cav

Some performance from Cav and Quick-Step. No sign of them until 1.2 km to go and then they hit the front.

Ewan made a balls of the last few kilometres

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭thebourke

I see cav has passed sean kellys 159 stage wins today....

• Advertisement

We were saying here today watching the stage how much of a difference it makes the commentators are all in Bath. No delay or talking over each other, bad levels like with a lot of the racing the last few years.

Advertisement