Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting deeds back from PTSB

Options
  • 07-05-2022 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭

Is there always a delay in getting house deeds back from the bank when a mortgage is cleared?

I cleared mortgage in January. Requested deeds back in late February and still waiting. Phone them every few weeks for an update and keep getting fobbed off with ‘another few weeks ‘ excuse. Is this the norm?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,659 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're always quite slow. They're stored in secure(ish) storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

I can’t imagine how you would go about moving house while your house is mortgaged if this is your typical delay. Maybe they respond more promptly to conveyencing requests from solicitors.

I ( very very happily) made my last mortgage payment Oct 2018 with BOI..... mid 2019 I wrote asking for deeds.....exact same as you.....got "robbed off" 2 or 3 times.......... didn't bother perusing it...... you've just put the thought in my head....got to follow up over next week or so..... it can't be that hard to find them

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

We cleared the mortgage on the house last summer.

It was with B of I.

They move at a glacial speed, after half a dozen phone calls and two letters we got a document stating that the loan was paid in full.

Actual deeds arrived about two weeks ago.

So, about 9 months from final payment.

I'm going to "get on this tommorow........ I'll bung off an email tonight & ring BOI tommorow afternoon.

Nice achievement though....the final payment......i geuinely thought I'd be flush/ have MORE €€ in my pocket once mortgage was paid off but with 4 young uns between 16& 29 I never actually saw any extra cash🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

You're right, mortgage is gone after 20 years, but now in the throes of college fees etc...

Still, it'd be worse to be paying both...

Quick update....

Got deeds on Friday.

Made me think.....when I took out that mortgage in 1999 I remember thinking " Jesus, that's an AWFUL lot of money to be borrowing "..... it was for 94 thousand punts....... funny how the last 2decades have made that figure seem very 'modest'

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Did you do it with signed letter... there may be a small fee but i cannot remember for sure... same bank...

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭thejuggler

Got them back last week after a 3 month wait and a lot of pestering. No charge

Advertisement