Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good Physio for ITB deep tissue massage

Options
  • 07-05-2022 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭

I get ITB issues manifesting in pain on one of my knees and have had good success with it by deep tissue massage (the type the makes you want to cry out) however the last two great physio's i used are unavailable now (one got a job in the HSE, the other moved somewhere else).

I've since used a couple that had a very light touch which did nothing for me, it seems that leg really needs some punishment to get rid of the knee pain.

I'm based in Loughlinstown so anywhere really from Blackrock to Bray'ish would suit I suppose, has anyone any recommendations?

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 797 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Can you not work it out with a good hard flat foam roller?

Even a massage gun to cover everything from hip to knee?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,326 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

I have tried, but my ability to self go hard isn't a patch on a physio that knows what they are doing.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Ceepo

The 1st thing you need to realise is that applying pressure directly on the ITB won't have any real impact apart from causing a lot pain, whether that's by a physio or a foam roller.

It's better to aim for the soft tissue (muscles) above the IT, using a foam roller, start with the TFL muscle, if you measure down appropriately 2 fingers down and to the side of the hip bone. Apply pressure for how ever long it takes to let the pain sub side. Then use the same procedure on the Glute med which is on the outside of the hip. Thus should help you considerably.

Advertisement