Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New DMC DeLorean. Great Scott

Options
  • 06-05-2022 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭

The current owner of the DMC name have been teasing a new DeLorean EV recently, apparently intended to be sporty. Looks like it will now be revealed at the end of the month. The teaser images so far have just been silhouettes of the front and rear and the appearance of open gull wing doors. The latest show a full width rear light bar and louvred rear window. We'll also have to wait for the reveal for any specs, but safe to say it won't have a 1.21 gigawatt motor powered by Mr. Fusion. Or a crap Renault engine. Whatever it is, apparently we can expect a pretty low volume rather than mass production. If it doesn't become vapourware.

The various teasers can be seen here

https://carbuzz.com/news/teased-the-countdown-begins-to-the-new-delorean-ev

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,178 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Another attempt at this was made a few years ago and that became vapourware

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

where we're going we don't need petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

No doubt there'll be a crowdfunding effort to scam some people out of their money 😏

Btw, love the signature 👍

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭JohnC.

There’s pictures now, and stats, with an estimated caveat.

https://delorean.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭timmyntc

Depressing that the new delorean looks like any other generic 2020 saloon car.

Main selling point of the delorean in the past was its iconic styling - you'd instantly recognise it from a mile away

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭CptMonkey

Looks good to me but who knows if it will ever see the light of day.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I think it's a beaut, personally I think the best angle for cars is from the rear, the aerodynamics push all EVs into similarity from the front

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

this

that flare over the rear wheels, hmmmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 27,799 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I don't see how that looks like a generic 2020 saloon car.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,837 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I wonder will they build it in NI again, maybe scam the Tories out of millions again for traditions sake 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

A lump of gimmicks. I say no thanks to wearing a wristband so the driver can see where I am on the map at all times. Weird.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gti16v

This car has nothing to do with the original Delorean Motor Company and a number of legal cases are currently underway

This may still be vapourware, but they paid someone enough to have one turn up in the new Fast & Furious 😂

Advertisement