Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolut Megathread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Amenhotep

Im looking at signing up to revolut, I tried Wise, but my account is stuck on blocked even though i uploaded my documents.

Does Revolut give you an IBAN address ?

What about the debit card ? how much does it cost ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is Revolut the best way to pay for goods in US $ in person?

Thanks 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,260 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭KrakityJones

Exact same as you, wanted to refinance a small loan for better rate about a month ago but it was rejected. I got on to their chat support and they said it was due to my central credit register report. So applied for ccr report, have that back and its clean as a whistle so no idea why it was rejected. I wonder if they are only approving a very small amount initially or they have some oddball criteria.

Re the ccr report it did show on it that they (revolut) requested a ccr check, don't think that's a major deal in itself but I guess if you had a lot of those it could potentially affect future loan applications as it looks like you're constantly applying for loans.

Thanks,

I have standard free account. Is the conversion rate better on Premium/Metal subscription?

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,506 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one with this issue, I was really shocked when it was rejected.

I know I could go to any bank and request the exact same loan and I'd have no bother whatsoever getting it at twice the amount!

I suspect, as you say, they have some very odd criteria at the moment or they are limiting the number of approvals.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,594 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks folks, yeah the IE92 IBAN seems to work. I did a transfer of a nominal amount today, and it hit my VISA account. I’ve done a larger transfer, so hopefully that will land on Monday.

Awful shame that AIB don’t publicise the IE92 IBAN. so you have to contact support to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

Anyones else replacement card taking ages to come ?? nearly 2 wks @ this stage ordered 24 april still no sign

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Went to withdraw cash from a euronet ATM with Revolut Visa and warned me of a 5 euro fee! I was able to use my KBC card and no fee whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,161 ✭✭✭Yggr of Asgard

Euronet does not charge for withdrawal on their Irish ATM if you use an Irish Card which is why KBC was free but your foreign card (Revolut) was not.

Revolut used to issue MasterCards that were coded as Irish so you got around it but by the looks most of the new Visa cards are showing as non Irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭beachhead

I got the new debit card from Revolut and its a MasterCard.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

My Passport expired in April and this morning I got the dreaded e-mail - "Please update your documents". Anyone any idea from previous experience how long before they would start to restrict my account and what sort off restriction this would be e.g. no withdrawals.

I use it to pay Netflix - Turkey so I hope they won't restrict that - after that I could manage if everything else is blocked for a few months until I get a new Passport.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

I don’t know how long until they restrict your account but if you’re renewing your passport it shouldn’t take long to get your new one. Simple renewals seem to be taking less than a week, it’s first time passports that are taking months to process.

Anyone know why it seems common enough for Revolut to request updated documents? And do traditional banks do the same? Personally I don’t remember any traditional Irish bank asking for any documents after the account is set up.

Revolut Bank UAB as bank has different KYC requirements than Revolut Payments UAB (the e-money license).

For most customers it should not be a problem but there are some scenarios (expired documents, documents not 100% compliant or verifiable) which during the transition are coming up and hence new documents are needed.

Some of the BIN ranges from Revolut these days show up as being issued by VTB BANK in UKRAINE so if Euronet is not up to date and they dont check correctly, they might see this as foreign. In theory BIN numbers should not play a role in finding out if your card is irish, but it's Euronet, anything is possible so that they can get more money out of you.

You could throw your BIN (first 6-8 numbers of your card) into a bin checker it will tell you what most providers will see the card as, it takes a while to get any changes to the BIN allocation through all the systems. A usually good checker is: binlist.io

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭Delta2113

@Yggr of Asgard - I think I would still be having this issue without Revolut Bank UAB even happening -might be wrong probably will never know. No mention in the e-mail about Revolut Bank UAB which I already switched over a few weeks ago when I got that e-mail. Today is my Birthday and Passport expired last month.

Well happy birthday.

Second if you have a valid driver license, try that, some people report that full driver licenses now work for them when they go through the process.

But you should be able to get a passport renewal very quickly these days Passport Online - Department of Foreign Affairs (dfa.ie).

The new passport should be there before they take action, and before you ask, it's not really clear how much time they will give you, there does not seem to be a standard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

My passport expired about 2 years ago. I started getting notifications and emails about updating my documents not long after. It was about a year later when I eventually renewed my passport (it expired in the middle of Covid so wasn't arsed renewing it when it expired). My account was never restricted or anything like that. Saying that I don't really use Revolut much so maybe they were a little more lenient with me than they would be with someone who uses it a lot more.

• Advertisement

Could someone please confirm this query.

I have a Standard Revolut account. And I will be travelling to US$ zone. If I am paying in US$ from my EUR balance, is there a cap on 1000€ limit and 0.5% charged afterwards?

It's unlimited currency exchange subject to a fair usage policy of 1000€.

If you go over the fair usage, then you get charged 0.5% (plus 0.5% on weekends). Making card payments, sending money, ATM withdraws in foreign currency all count towards the fair usage policy.

Just like unlimited broadband.

Good marketing speak.

Go into "your profile", click on "price plan" and than "exchange", it will show you how much you have left and also outline what counts as exchange!

That's very helpful. Thank you 😀

Now the question is whether it's worth it for me to upgrade to Premium or not 🤔🥶

You could always get a free trial for the duration of the trip. As long as you don't order a new card (and you don't need one as your current cards continue to work but will be linked against the new plan) you can cancel without any penalty.

*Please do check the terms and conditions of the trial when you sign up, as Revolut frequently changes their terms and your personalised offer might vary*

Thanks,

I checked the terms and conditions. There is no free trial anymore. They have this 14-day cooling period where you can cancel but if any premium services used than they will be charged at a much higher level. So overall, its either all in for 1 year or I continue using standard plan. I may be going max to 1300€ (all inclusive hotel and tickets already paid) during the holidays. So I suppose I can just use the standard plan.

Yeah, the charge would only be on the 300€ so you should be fine.

Enjoy your holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,556 ✭✭✭Gooser14

Can you add money to Revolut using Google Pay? If so how do I set it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Just go to add money as usual and change from your usual payment method.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,368 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

If you haven't already, go to Google Pay and add your card(s) to it and then go to your Revolut App and go to add money then change the method to Google Pay

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Amouar

Did anyone topped up their Revolut account using the 'Easy bank Transfer' method? If so, how was it?

Advertisement