Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alter Bridge 3Arena Thurs 8th December 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Their previous 2 gigs here in June & October 2017 were excellent after not ever being here before.

So looking forward to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Layne

Really good lineup, hopefully the strong support acts will get decent stage times. Halestorm to get 1 hour and Mammoth WVH to get 45 mins would be reasonable.

Mammoth WVH's album was one of my top albums from last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,760 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Ticket prices

Standing- €59.15

Seating- €63.15/€55.15

Not great tickets on sale atm, think I'll wait a little longer before getting one

Block F at the end of the section best available now

According to Mark Tremonti, Alter Bridge's new album should be out in September.

https://blabbermouth.net/news/new-alter-bridge-album-should-come-out-in-september

• Advertisement

Would love to see Myles take a stab at some Creed tracks

Question for the AB fanatics here

What's the best Live DVD to buy from the band? Is the Orchastra one that good?

Didn't know Wolfgang Van Halens band 'Mammoth WVH' are on the bill

Guessing that's the meaning of 'WVH'

They sound pretty good, never heard of them before.

Yeah, they are pretty good. I think they have just one self titled album out but it is really good imo.

I think the last song on the album 'Distance' was nominated for a Grammy last year. Reads like a farewell to his father.

They toured as support to Metallica for a few shows I think, that was the first I heard of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Mammoth was an early name for Van Halen in the early 70s and ironically Wolf will not play any Van Halen live. His debut took quite a while to come out, I guess due to Eddie's health issues but it was certainly worth the wait. He plays all instruments himself and personally I think it's a great album, it was completely recorded at the 5150 studio. Frank Sidoris of Slash, Myles and the Conspirators is on guitar in the touring band. Wolf toured for a while with Mark in Tremonti playing bass.

• Advertisement

Wolfgang did get a bit of aggro because of who he replaced in Van Halen and his age at the time but no doubt he's after turning into a great musician

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

That's right not only did he tour with Tremonti he's also featured on the albums 'Cauterize' and 'Dust'. Garrett Whitlock formerly of Tremonti is now drumming with Wolfgangs band also.

Should be a good opener. On recent AB material can perhaps see one of the supports stealing the show tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,218 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Some standing tickets still available.

(couldnt post a link ??!? )

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭showpony1

i'd be worried it would be all wrestling lads at this

A big % of the crowd maybe

A few pirate fans too with Halestorm on the bill

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭dobman88

Saw AB in the Olympia last time and they were absolutely brilliant. I can't commit to the date it's on yet but if I'm free closer to the time I'd hope to pick up a ticket cos its a show worth catching.

Wrestling fans weren't all that prevalent at previous AB shows here fwiw.

& Pirates at Halestorm haha ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,688 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Greasy ponytails, black t shirts, an inability to grow facial hair and horrendous body odour.

Wrestling fans would fit right in with the rockers.

• Advertisement

Can anybody hazard a guess as to what the stage times will be like??

Could it be something like this:

Mammoth WVH 7-7.45

Halestorm 8-9

Alter Bridge 9.30-11

Really hoping to see Mammoth WVH but would bail if they were on too early for me as I would have a long drive to make it on time.

Plenty of gigs on the tour before Dublin should have an idea nearer the time

I'm guessing maybe similar to your times but go back 15-30 mins each band. Definitely going to try catch Mammoth WVH, about meh about Halestorm but guess I'll have to sit through them

Very curious to know as how much Halestorm you got in in the 48 hours after it was noted they were indeed not pirates.

Ticket is 6:30 doors 6:50 be earliest for opener you'd imagine 7 sounds about the ball park alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

If they are playing another gig you might be able to check how long it was on https://www.setlist.fm/

Any listen to the new Alter Bridge album 'Pawns and Kings' ?

Had a quick listen to it and pretty meh so far

'Last Man Standing', 'Sin After Sin, 'Stay' are my favourite tracks

I've had it on regular repeat since Friday. It's a marked improvement from Walk The Sky (not a bad album in it's own right).

Be interesting to see what off Pawns & Kings gets added to the setlist for their European tour next month.

Tour kicking off tonight

Looking forward to seeing the setlists, would like too hear 'Stay' Tremonti has some good pipes

Sadly no 'stay' in the setlist but still a very strong setlist. I imagine mini acoustic set after 'Pawns & Kings'

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/alter-bridge/2022/alsterdorfer-sporthalle-hamburg-germany-3bed56b.html

Myles usually did/does Wonderful Life/Watch Over You by himself usually mid set, while Scott, Brian & Mark take a breather. They may revert to that once their a few shows in, they may not. Try not to worry about setlists too much.

• Advertisement

They seem to be doing 'In Loving Memory' in place of WL, alas no full band version of that it means.

Hard to argue it isn't a strong set but a little too predictable by this point, only song I thought was surprising was the presence of 'The Other Side' but soon after saw an interview with Mark that it was now used or was used by Edge in WWE so they seemingly just added it for that reason alone.

Times in Hamburg were apparently - Doors: 17:30, Mammoth 19-19:30/ Hale 19:45-20:40/ AB 21:10-23:00

Advertisement