Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ed Sheeran Limerick - parking/park and ride

• 20-04-2022 10:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Hi, heading to the concert with my ten year old and not very familiar with the area. What's the best parking option near thomond park, will there be any park and ride options, coming from co Galway.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Get the train and walk out would be my choice

And how will they get home?!

The correct response is to either park in LIT (€5) right next to Thomond Park, or the Park & Ride at the Radisson on the way in (€6 each I think)

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭limerickabroad

Hi,

Normally the best advice for Thomond Park is park in town and walk out, but it's a bit long for a ten year old and you're coming from Galway. I'd suggest coming off the motorway and park in Caherdavin or the Ennis Road (Jetland or Na Piarsaig GAA). Handy walk from there and you shouldn't be held up too long when leaving

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭hope80

Thanks so much, will check both of those out. First time bringing son to concert like this so its the getting out ok after that has me more bothered

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Loll20

Forget about the train - far too long a walk and i hear LIT is not available for parking. Suggest you park in Caherdavin area, which is what I do when attending Munster matches (straight forward run from Galway). Park around there (get there early to get a space) and the stadium is about a 15 minute walk from there. You could also check with the Radisson and Greenhills hotels (both Limerick Road just before Caherdavin) to see if they are running park and ride...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Eiranne

Hi, I'm coming from Galway too and bringing my 9yr old,, the nerves are real 😬,

let me know if you find anything out and I will for you.

Hiya, I rang the park and ride company this morning and they will definitely be running from the Radisson so im seriously swaying towards that at the minute. They are just waiting on the Guards to confirm the traffic plan and will then release the times. Might even grab a bite to eat there to keep us going for the evening.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭funnyname

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭galway1973

Hi,

I presume it's 1 ticket per car and not per person?

Thanks

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Anyone any advice from coming from Dublin? In staying out in Castle Oaks hotel that night but want to know best place to park as assume will need to drive in closer!

• Advertisement

Park and Ride at the Kilmurry Lodge for that side of town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,027 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

The area around the stadium will be very well policed for parking so don't bother.

If there is no park and ride operating park in town and get the 302, 303 or 306 from Dunnes on Henry st. which will cut the walking time to a few minutes for the young fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭galwayhooker

I rang the Killmurray Lodge Hotel today and they said nothing finalized yet. It’s organized between the Gardaí and bus company. They will know more in a few days. Very last minute.

There is a car park in LIT/TUS but apparently exams still going on for students there and students using car park. I want to avoid car park there with traffic. It’s usually crazy there for matches. I usually park at Caherdavin for rugby matches in Thomond but last time my brother and friends went to a Connaught Munster match he brought car and parked there and it was broken into.

I am coming from Galway as well but am heading into Thomond with friends who live in Castletroy. I left car before there for Bruce Springsteen and Pink concerts and it worked perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 MsM2016

Hey. I just rang the Radisson to see about the park and ride. We are also travelling from Galway. The lady on reception told me that it is drop and ride only. All car parking spaces are reserved for residents of the hotel as they are fully booked that night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Which of you are into the music most... enjoy i brought my son to his first gig...

Im thinking this might now be the best option with the chance of no parking at the radisson, im not familiar with the area though but presume it will be safe enough walking with a child at night. Probably completely over thinking everthing 🤪

The tickets were a surprise for his birthday, he loves Ed Sheeran and music in general. Not often we get to do things just the two of us so really looking forward to it :)

Its saying limited parking on the park and ride FB page too, id be afraid it would be too much a risk if not there early enough

It's practically next door to the stadium safety isn't really an issue. To be honest I can't think of anywhere that it would be common to attack a fella with a child.

Ah i know, as i said probably overthinking everything cos he is with me. If i was heading down with a gang of the girls i wouldnt be stressing at all. Going to just book it now to have sorted. Thanks for the replies

• Advertisement

Also make sure you drive to TUS using the Condell Rd.

If you try come in the other way (Sexton st. North) you will just hit the concert crowd.

Good stuff i like stories like that... the one we did was Oasis at the point... i was delighted he wanted to as i wanted to go apart from the facr we were sharing the experience... i have being at dozens of rock shows but it was louder than i expected... small venue indoors...

Have a great time...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Racheldh

Arriving in to Limerick from Tipperary and was hoping to park near St Johns Hospital, I know its a good 30 mins walk but that doesn't bother us, i have to drop back to Pallasgreen - no smallies with us, anyone know if I would get parking around this area please.

Couple of car parks near by bit town is small anyway so you'll get something a few mins away at worst.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,641 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Is this Sheeran's final gig in Ireland this year.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Q-park Harvey's Quay above dunnes stores is near the river and not a long walk from thomond Park. Pre book on line 8 hours for €8 on the q-park website.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Eiranne

Apologies, I thought this forum would notify me of messages.

I booked the tus parking for 10e have a great night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

I took the advice here and booked the TUS at Moylish. No traffic and loads of parking space.

I was not going to the concert, just dropping my wife and daughter at it. I was going to look for a hotel or somewhere to wait to collect them. Glad i went to TUS. Carpark is right behind the stadium, i have a perfect view of the giant screens and can hear the concert perfectly. Got a chinese and ate it in the car, read a bit of a book and listened to the concert. Grand way to spend the evening!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭Stanley 1

Chinese took it ok then, normally kick up a fuss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

Used the park and ride from Kilmurry Lodge for Bruce Springsteen in 2013, no problem going to show, but took about an hour after to get on a bus back, lots of people trying to barge their way on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,542 ✭✭✭BlackEdelweiss

Yeah he was alright about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,164 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I saw this thread earlier and it spooked me as I hadn’t booked parking , drove from the m7 to the Ennis road and saw a lovely big space on the side of the road and in utter disbelief I parked, double checked for restrictions and disabled signs , score! Parked walked 10 mins to the stadium, savage gig, kid wrecked by 10pm home on the couch in Kildare by midnight 😂

Advertisement