Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 Applicants - Merit List

• 03-05-2022 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 6

A thread to keep each other up to date about where we all are in the process

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Unknown117

Be the longest week ahead now waiting on our ML results.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Newsoph3

Do we get our merit list now or when we pass all the vetting?

• Registered Users Posts: 24 thehills4

I believe we will get the ML position on the 13th

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭Narwahls

Does anyone who's done previous campaigns know the general time line between getting your merit number then doing the medical / PCA (in normal times) would it be a few months apart or do they try get the ball rolling on that quickly?

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Is vetting next or is this after we do fineness test and medical?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 chickenlicken123

As far as I am aware, we will submit vetting and while it is getting checked the fitness test and medical will be running along side. But if there is no push to get people in the GV atm this could be quite slow

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭johnny990

Thanks. Was thinking it may be about a year before lads get the call to start at GV.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Newsoph3

Does anyone have any info about GV? I read a thread there where someone posted that you actually stay there for 3 weeks.. Overnight etc.. Is this correct?

Think the mandatory 3 or 4 weeks isn't a thing anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Boneyard2002

Try longer. People in the 2020 recruitment have been told they’re lucky it be 2023 even though they’re appointable. This is because of finance and stormont collapse

• Advertisement

We get merit list on 13th and when the right to work documents are confirmed then we will receive vetting papers in the post. Whilst vetting is being looked at; we will then be in the middle of PCA etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Si_zx10r

Do they start the vetting process for everyone straight away?

Yeah you usually get vetting papers around the same as everyone else, you have a time limit to send it back and then the process begins. I’m only going by information that I have seen my friend go through as we live together. They had their PCA though getting was still processing

• Registered Users Posts: 14 HassAuto

Does anyone know, based off previous recruitment drives, the estimated time between starting the vetting process and doing your PCA?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Skyhook44

Long road ahead everyone I would be surprised if any of us got a start in 2023, with inflation and wages rising it will be difficult to take a large pay cut to a student officers salary!

Only dawned on me yesterday how much of a pay cut I will have to take lol just viewing it as short term though, will be worth it in the long run

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Blueandtwo1320

Similar position for me, especially the first few years. Although you need to look at it long term- top of the scale with NTA is almost 45k and that's without overtime. 🤑

I know the police base their salary of the 'college of policing uk' and a pay increase wasn't awarded last year which a lot of people were up in arms about, so there could be a pay increase this year.🤞

I'm the same age that some else mentioned, turning 30 next year, so just not as flexible to take a pay cut as I was in my early 20's. Mortgage, car and day-day living, there isn't much left at the end of the month 😓

I think for anyone not straight out of university you would be looking at a pay cut of some degree in the short term. At least its giving us time to sort of save for a bit in preparation if a pay cut is in the foreseeable, I've already put in some fair amount of work to get myself out of my overdraft to save one less headache when it comes to vetting

Yup. I’m in my 20s atm and the pay that I’m on isn’t great as it is, never mind the big chunk that I’ll be loosing. Though this is a childhood dream job so sacrificing things will be for a short time

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Unknown117

hoping now the right to work check is completed hopefully by end of these week potentially the merit list could be posted

• Advertisement

I’m in a position where the salary is comparable to what I am currently on so hoping I will be okay.

I have also been generous with my savings as I know they look into your finances during the vetting stage.

From the Merit List being released, how soon could we see the PCA invitations going out based off previous Recruitment Drives?

• Registered Users Posts: 39 new2022scs

I'm hitting the 40s here very soon lads.....big pay cut but actually do not care, based on timings it seems we have plenty of time to squirrel some pennies away!

I've a house deposit sitting in my bank, probably hold off buying now, wasn't really in a rush as market likely to drop by end of year, should help with vetting if nothing else lol I just hope vetting clears, not worried at all about pca/medical etc.

I’m pretty much on the same boat as yourself, cleared down as much as my monthly outgoings too to help.

Unfortunately I let my fitness slide from the new year starting a new office job, have been back at it from this week, targeting Cardio the most for the PCA.

How much notice do they normally give for the pca test?

It could be a week or so; you would have the familiarization day for the PCA, then your PCA.

Do you think will start pca and medicals over the next month or 2 or will there be a wait with so many waiting from 2020 campaign and medical only valid 6 months. Seems like it would be a costly exercise to put people through medical to then redo them in 6 months time

i think the process will be Fairly quick; though because of funding you could then be appointable and be waiting for x amount of years. Usually the managed stages are fairly quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 rookie998

They have a video for the PCA on their YouTube, it really looks like nothing to worry about. Don’t need to be able to run marathons put it that way

• Advertisement

Being able to watch it and do it is totally different.

Advertisement