Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Economics of repairing this bike to resell: wilier triestina lavaredo

• 29-04-2022 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭

Hi ,

Someone who was throwing out this bike let me take it.

Wilier Triestina Lavaredo. Might have been in and around a grand new.

Needs a Campagnolo Cassette, new chain , brake pads , bar tape , pedals. . I reckon €120 spend to have it where Id be happy to sell it to someone. I have all the tools and know how. It looks a little shabby but all the bearings are good , derailuers and shifters functioning and wheels are true.

Is it worth fixing up might I be able to get as much as I might spend fixing it and a bit more? Too small a frame for me to keep unfortunately.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,964 ✭✭✭Plastik

Is it a full Chorus10 groupset? A proper clean & service and I'd be listing it for 500 and see how you go. If it ends up being scrapped I'd be interested in the groupset

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭monkeyactive

I'm not familiar with Compagnolo stuff at all , Id have to check that out. Ill keep you in mind if I end up breaking it down for parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

It will be a decent build when it's finished but it's a bit of a mixed bag with the odd wheels etc. For that reason you may be stuck with it unless the price is low.

I'd rather split it and sell it for parts.

You'd fetch a few quid for the frameset, few quid for the components and afew quid for the wheels (together or separate).

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,798 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Double check that Mavic aksium is a campag freehub too

• Registered Users Posts: 24,949 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

....and get to work on that garden - it's a disgrace.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,230 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Offer tenner for the garden.

If you move it on maybe point out the French brakes, an idiot like me would likely send himself over the bars on the first pull of the left brake in it's current configuration 🤣

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,431 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭8valve

Definitely worth saving; if you are confident enough to do the work yourself, you'll have her back on the road for less than 100 quid.

There's always a market for decent second hand road bikes; those who can't access the btw scheme but want to try road cycling would be your most likely market.

Or someone looking for a decent level spec winter bike/trainer bike.

Advertisement