Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

1500 new chargers for Northern Ireland

Options
  • 26-04-2022 8:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭

350 sites, 1500 charge points, The Weev network will include a mix of 7 kW and 22 kW AC units along with some 50 kW DC Rapids (or faster where connections are available) and there are plans for a mix of 2 or more of these charger types at most sites. There will be App and RFID tags available to start charging and the company says contactless payments are also being considered.

Great to see some more announcements, I see easygo have also opened a Belfast office. It's hard to compete with free esb but most of the esb ones don't work anyway. I would prefer a couple of super hubs at key points rather than AC chargers, but anything is better than nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

Radio interview on topic

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭zg3409

• Moderators Posts: 12,367 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

If they said 150 I'd be more enthused. 15 would be even better. 1500 just sounds so unrealistic given what's come before.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭eltoastero

I'd happily accept working versions of what currently exists first (pretty salty still about the half power output from a DC charger over the last few days)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭argolis

This would be great. I've done many long journeys around Ireland in an EV and always been confident that I could charge along the way.

Not so in the North - after my first trip there finding multiple chargers out of action and then the charger maps showing fast chargers weren't in useful places, unless I'm only headed to Belfast and back I probably won't be taking an EV with me there again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Fiyatoe

Who’s the best dealer up north here for electric cars at the moment - say Ioniq 5 or VW ID3/4?

in terms of finance offering and availability

Advertisement