Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling and Buying

Options
  • 26-04-2022 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭

So were selling a house and buying a house at the same time. We've 2 cats that we plan to leave at a cattery which will be around €420 for 2 weeks. We also have a dog which we plan to bring wherever we move temporarily. We can both work from home and plan to take some leave when we move in to get settled. We also have a months storage for around €200 per month.

We've tried to line up the closing dates as close as possible but I expect at least a week to 2 weeks where we won't own a house. We're able to move back into our parents for max 2 weeks but were worried if there is some complication with the purchase of our new house that causes a delay and means we have to find somewhere else.

I'm just wondering if anyone has experience of selling and buying at the same and where you stayed while waiting for the final elements to clear. I've been checking airbnb and daft looking for short term rentals but everything is a tad expensive or requires a 3 month contract.

Comments

Advertisement