Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wylie Offset Topper

Options
  • 26-04-2022 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

15 Yr old O Conner topper has topped it's last bit of ground so time for a replacement. Anyone have any experience of the Wylie topper? Like the idea of the 2 rotors so 4 blades rather than the longer single arm.

Ideally love a flail mower but budget won't stretch that far.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Box09

I got a new 8 ft last year. It cuts very well and leaves a field clean. A couple of drawbacks for me are it is very bouncy on the road, the hydraulics are very sensitive on it and for me and it breaks a good few shear bolts on very good flat land. I got galvanised version, it is well built and as i said i love the number of blades which leaves a good clean cut. If i was buying again I'd go major galvanised but i think that was 2k more at the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭CHOPS01

Thanks for that. Would you be cleaning off much heavy stuff ? Ground is mostly good here but have share of rushes as well, Also a few crags peaking above the ground in places. In fairness the Conor was able to take a bit of punishment.

Advertisement