Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ginlong/Solis Inverter battery alerts

Options
  • 26-04-2022 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a Solis Inverter and am looking to get notification from it when my batteries are fully charged.

Has anyone got any ideas of the best way to do this remotely?

Thanks,

David

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yes but not with the Solis apps.

If you can bring the solis data into Home Assistant it is very easy to set up notifications on your phone or even get Alexa to broadcast it.

You'll find all the info on how to do that here: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058224611/solar-pv-monitoring-automation-thread/p1 but it does require some tinkering.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 usbrit

@SD_DRACULA, I'd rather not go the HA route yet, just looking for a way to scrape the data for Battery SOC right now (to add a simple Arduino controlled LED when battery is 100%.

Is there code available to scrape the Solis web data?

Thanks,

David

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

You can poll the wifi dongle directly, that was the basis to that thread, using python. So a raspberry pi might be more suitable for the task instead of an Arduino

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

Yes you can also scrape it directly from solis cloud using a node-red flow which can work in HA or independently. It will be 5 mins out but shouldn't matter much just for battery value.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kungfukev

I wanted notifications of high and low battery too but couldn't find it so I've taken some time to build an android app that does this. It's busy being verified by the google play store. Would it be cheeky to charge or add ads to the app-I'd like to recover the $25 I had to pay to join the app store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Have a look around some of the threads here at the amount of people who give up their time developing stuff and in many cases give away free items and don't ask for anything and you will find your answer. That is just my opinion though. Maybe put that post here for more feedback. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058224611/solar-pv-monitoring-automation-thread#latest

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

Yeah...sucks that google adds a cost for the developer though.

App is now available on the google play store - I can't share the link because I'm too new to boards.ie. It's at play . google . com / store / apps / details?id= com . quickbrownbox . solisquickview [without the spaces]

Besides the battery notifications it has a widget just so I can say it has all the things that the other Solis app charges for (I'm sure the paid one has lots of cool things - it just didn't give me notifications).

Mine comes with a lot of hidden bugs too! Hope somebody finds it useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,254 ✭✭✭markpb

I wish the official Solis app had a widget. Most of the time, I only open it to see if the battery is charged or if we’re exporting. I rarely care about either data at all, only idle curiosity. It annoys me greatly that the new app makes it an extra click to get to that information - it was immediately visible on the old one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭jkforde

@kungfukev your widget is working nicely for me (android 11 oneplus6)👏✌️

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

Great. I lost inverter and internet for a week so haven't tested much myself

• Advertisement

Your wish is granted 😀

I still can't post the link but here's a screenshot- I promise it's out there:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 pj_05

Just recently got setup with solar panels and a solis inverter. I'd love to link them with iftt or Alexa to just switch on my heater when I'm producing 2kw+ during the day. Is there any way I could use this app rather than forking out for a HA setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭con747

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 columt

Thanks for your app @kungfukev ... If you're not getting paid at least you can get some gratitude!

Advertisement