Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Would you support an assumed liability rule for speeding drivers?

• 26-04-2022 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

I started a parallel thread in the cycling forum in which I posed the question as to whether or not people would support assumed liability against vulnerable road users as they have in many other jurisdictions in the rest of Europe. This is has turned out to be a good discussion.

I would like to pose the question here as to whether or not there should be assumed liability for speeders.

My proposal would be “If a motorist is found to have been speeding in the lead up to an accident, that driver shall be deemed liable, unless there is evidence clearly attributing fault of the other driver “.

This would be a wonderful idea to eliminate the scourge of speeding. Speeding accounts for so many accidents and deaths on our roads.

Comments

Advertisement