Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tyson Fury v Dillian Whyte - Wembley Stadium - April 23rd

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 54,692 ✭✭✭✭walshb

This fight summary nails it.....well done, lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

He was really lucky against Parker. Scored a foul for a knockdown and Parker was too passive until the last round when he nearly finished him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,935 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Whyte is completely deluded listening to this.

Sorry, but I have to agree with Whythe. Twas the push that did the damage. Ref let him down!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭squinn2912

The push saved him from a spell in Intensive Care. He’s a lucky man he walked out of that ring. He was barely fit to answer the bell what the fuk is he talking about pressing the fight in the later rounds. He didn’t utterly disgrace himself he was just beaten by a man levels above him. Move on now.

His tactics didn’t give him the best chance of winning. He was as well show more aggression earlier and go out in 3 rather than 6 when Fury got a big hit in before his own exhaustion completely took over.

Like your point on the career built on the losses @walshb that served the purpose of elevating Joshua’s standing as well so it suited everybody.

The Parker win was very lucky but he still got it. Ont he flip side Parker didn’t deserve it either so that was a good win.

I’d love to see him fight Wilder now. Wilder would love a go at that. Sorta fight that will make him look amazing again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

If the bell had saved Whyte, he was in for an all merciful beating.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

It would have been cruelty to send him back out. He just got out at the right time

• Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

How does pay and all that work for fights?

Like you have the fighters, promoters and tv companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Wont be any top sportsman like him again,legend.

Likes his irish side obviously.

• Advertisement

Where did this beef come from? Warren and Fury appear to be bosom buddies!

I think the penny has dropped for me. Didn't have my coffee this morning, so a wee bit on the slow side!

I take it Warren simply owes him his winnings from Saturday's victory!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,555 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

If i was Wilder I'd be straight on the phone looking for a fight with Whyte,

It would do decent number in England & Wilder would send him to the shadow realm ,

With Fury out of the picture Wilder could become top dog again ,

I know people will say Usyk would out box him which is true but Usyk does take shots & if Wilder lands one its good night,

I also think Wilder sleeps AJ in about 3 rounds,

• Registered Users Posts: 17,683 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Has Wilder made any plans? Tough comeback for him after the Fury beating, must have really dented his confidence, he may never be the same again.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Wilder could KO Usyk, no doubt. Usyk would need to be ultra careful, but if he establishes a fluid rhythm and can ride/slip/avoid the clean power, he can beat Wilder.

Wilder-AJ for me still is a very short fight shootout. Both men vulnerable from the other landing clean and hard.

Had Fury been heavier handed, or cleaner on following up, no way Wilder goes 11 rds in fight 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭BK5

Wilder is 37 this year also. Even though he doesn't look it physically, every one is past their prime at that age. As you say his confidence was taken from him and he has been shown up to be well beatable.

If Andy Ruiz could get fit he could give any of them a good fit, he can box, can hit combinations and has a good chin.

Wilder is what 14 months older than Usyk so would you have the same worries for Usyk ?

Think about this for a moment

Wilder started very late at 20 so doesn't have nearly as many miles on the clock as Usyk

Who's style do you think fits an older man better ? Wilder trying to land a bomb or Usyk trying to move non stop for 12 rounds ?

Also remember Usyk has added more weight to compete with the heavies

Surely on paper you'd have to think that age would effect Usyk far more than Wilder .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

a couple of things i'd love to hear warren asked for a change, what was with that shocking undercard, and what were the ppv numbers, the usual sycophants at ifl and talksport just saying the usual nothings to him, fella on talksport actually said the undercard was good. Let warren get away with saying he is happy with the ppv numbers. if hearn had put on that undercard he would be getting hounded by those same reporters

Go way ouha that.....Fumbles was on the under-card!

I think the Fury nightmare will have made Wilder more beatable but anyone other than Fury he can and likely would catch clean. Whyte is a great fight for him. Joshua I think is better but he would need to fight aggressively or Wilder would get him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭eeepaulo

The total mismatches is the issue, there was one fight that wasnt an utter mismatch on the undercard.

Today on talksport he said he was happy with the ppv numbers, they absolutely have a resonable idea based on buys before how many they have done. Be interesting to hear what they are.

They should of had big john on the card fighting a grizzly

To be fair with a gate of 94 thousand & ticket price between 62 - 2250 i'm sure they did ok ,

PPV in the states where 75 dollars & 25 this side of the water, i'd imagine they made a fortune,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I watched the fight on Saturday night.

The knockout uppercut looked decent, but besides that there weren't many good punches landed to my eyes anyhow.

Both boxers looked pretty flabby too. I'd wonder about their conditioning and fitness.

Yes, the fact that 94000 paid to go in means very likely the same amount, and more schmucks forked out to sit at home and watch!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

i presume you have watched fury before, he has been flabby since he came back 3 or 4 years ago (after shedding 10 st), his conditioning isnt an issue however.

If AJ beats Usyk and him and Fury fight later this year, I reckon PPV be 50 poxy Euro!!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Yes. I remember he was huge during his hiatus away from the ring and had mental issues. Were drugs involved too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,741 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Drugs, Drink and a whole lot of food id assume to get up to 28st

There fighters not weight lifters .

Fury probably has the best engine in the heave weight division the lad can fight all day but a huge reason is he is so relaxed in there, It would be absolute no benefit to him to lose weight, & adding muscle would mean slight changes in his body mechanics which would take some getting used to,

Whyte usual has a great motor on him & in the build up his team where saying he was setting PB's in preparation , the occasion could have got to him, or the fact that he carried Fury weight on more than a few occasion

But the most obvious thing that one people always over look is taking punches off a 6'9 monster is going to really slow you down,

Heavy weight boxing is a bit different than the lighter weights ,

You don't need to work as clean, shots to arms ,shoulders hurt more, you can lean on people & really drain them due to huge weight differences, you can land less & cause more damage, ,

A lot of causal fans have seen Mike Tyson in his prime & think how that's how your average Heavy weights fight,

Guys like him ,Haye ,Usyk they are outliers , Even Wald who didn't have an 1 ounce of fat was not the cleanest of boxers,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,787 ✭✭✭✭JRant

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Advertisement