Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Parking on footpath

Options
  • 24-04-2022 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭

There's a large lorry parking at the junction of a road in our estate for over a week.

Not only is it blocking visibility at the junction, its completely blocking one footpath forcing those with buggies to move out into the road to move around it.

I don't know who owns it.

Who do I contact about moving it, Gardai, council?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,349 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Gardaí I'd imagine or traffic warden if there's one for your area.

There's one definite offense - parking on the footpath and possibly two more - parking within 5m of the junction and parking where there's a solid centre line road marking (possibly part of the marking running up to a stop line).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭mikemac2

edited out

name and shame won't work if the OP does not know the owner

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Gardai can fine the owner €80 for the offence of parking on the footpath. Hopefully the driver will get the message and won't park there again.

I think there might be something about parking large trucks in a residential estate. Contact one of your county councillors on this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,293 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

It'd be the gardai I'd be contacting. Also, you could try having a geansai at the tax disc etc as you pass; if there is anything amiss there would be more reason they'd attend.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭noelfirl

I've posted it before. I'll post it again. There's a completely lax attitude to dealing with shoddy parking in Ireland and the Simpsons developed the proper solution for it quite some time ago.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,851 ✭✭✭✭Zebra3

It’s not shoddy parking, it’s illegal parking.

Sadly, a lot of motorists are complete and utter narcissists.

AGS couldn’t give a toss and corrupt politicians don’t want the law enforced.

Advertisement