Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WiFi calling on Gomo plans?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 889 ✭✭✭byrnefm

Is anyone else still waiting for VoLTE to be enabled on their GoMo SIM? Still not enabled on my OnePlus 6...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Works on my Poco but the WiFi calling is still not available for me for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eamonpendergast

I've been in contact with GoMo, they said it's enabled for all accounts now. It's not working on my Xiaomi RedMi Note 9 Pro, but when I tested on an old Samsung Galaxy S8 it was working. There's no reason I can see that it shouldn't be working on the Xiaomi, checking the testing info using #*#4636#*# it just looks like GoMo aren't provisioning LTE/WiFi dialing.

Post edited by eamonpendergast on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

Is it Xiaomi Mi 11 5G lite NE ?

Couldn't get it working on Eir Bill pay.

It is working perfectly with Vodafone WiFi calling and VoLTE though.

I’ve tried same Eir Sim with iPhone 11. It did work, not from the start though. Ones you toggled WIFI Calling it’s bring you to Eir’s Terms and Conditions page, you have to agree to it to activate Eir WiFi calling.

Vodafone SIM worked automatically, no need to agree Vodafone T&C etc.

No luck with Xiaomi 11 lite 5G NE so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭MBSnr

Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G here also doesn't have WiFi calling. A Samsung S40 also didn't for a while, but it suddenly appeared the other day on it, despite being enabled on the handset for the last few weeks. iPhone SE enabled after the T&C agreement.

Perhaps they have enabled all accounts but are working through enabling phone models for it? (I dunno if that is how it works...)

Post edited by MBSnr on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭GIMP

* # * # 869434 # * # * to activate VoWiFi

*# * # 86583 # * # * to activate VoLTE

Try these codes on Xiaomi phones worked on mine anyways.

These are not codes for activation, they just show hidden switches even if VoLTE or VoWifi are still not available to you

Yeah these were entered weeks back on the Xiaomi 11 Lite 5G and they appear in the menus as enabled now.

But wifi calling doesn't work on GoMo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 daniruth

A bit off the latest topic but related to Gomo/Eir Wifi Calling.

From my own experience and that of some friends, having Wifi Calling activated can cost you money if making phone calls to EU numbers while abroad in the EU.

Our Gomo plans include all EU roaming calls/texts and some data while we are abroad in the EU. However, the following happened to me.

I was out in Spain where my mother lives. I was connected to her wifi, therefore, wifi calling was active in my phone. I rang my sisters (who have a Spanish mobile number) from my Irish mobile number (Gomo). These calls should have been free (as it has always been with Gomo before wifi calling because I was abroad in the EU). However, when I got home, I had a bill for all the calls I made to Spanish mobiles while in Spain. I contacted the network and explained the situation. I had to send them proof of my plane tickets to verify that I was in Spain for those days and so, I got my money back. However, it doesn't encourage me to have wifi calling activated anymore. If I go to NI or Spain, or anywhere else in the EU, and I am using wifi calling, I don't want to have an extra bill because of a flaw in the system. I have heard of some friends with the same issue using wifi calling with Eir while in the EU.

Wifi calling may be good at home (Ireland) or if visiting the USA to ring home in Ireland for free. But, in the EU, wifi calling seems to work against you, for the Network company thinks you are making a call from your Irish mobile to an EU number as if you were back in Ireland and that's why they charge you. I don't fancy having to dispute it all the time to get my money back when they see their error.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got WiFi calling working on a OnePlus phone? I've a OnePlus 6 and the options haven't appeared. I contacted GoMo who told me today that my SIM now has it enabled. I googled about it and read that with Android 11, VoLTE and WiFi Calling no longer work on OnePlus 6s...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

I have it working now on my iPhone 13 Pro Max, I'm with GoMo.

M

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 785 ✭✭✭Berberis

Working now on Redmi Note 9

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭bromley52

Does anyone have this working with the Pixel 4a 5G or any Pixel phone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Worked on mine, then the phone updated to 13.0.5 or something and both stopped. Probably a software issue with the phone.

Post edited by alec76 on

Sorry mate, thought I hit reply to someone above MI 11 lite 5G - everything worked MIUI 12.5.7 or whatever ever was on it out of the box then it updated and nothing worked after that.

Thank you, so Android 11 firmware were working fine for you until you updated to Android 12 (MIUI 13.0.5)

I hadn’t chance to try with MIUI 12.5 ( only had Vodafone Bill sim back then), updated to 13.0.5 and Vodafone WIFI calling still working , EIR WiFi calling not.

It is good to know, I’ll probably just downgrade firmware to get EIR WiFi calling then.

Downgrading takes some time , as you should unlock boot loader to flash old firmware .

Unlocking request takes 168 hours.

Post edited by alec76 on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Just check my IPhone 11 with Eir and WHAM ..... it now available to turn on. I accepted all the terms and am now up and running.

So all good......

• Advertisement

Yep eir was definitely working on the older firmware. I just tried a Vodafone bill SIM in the same device and VoLTE and VoWiFi are both working. Maybe Xiaomi forgot the add the eir settings to the update I'm not sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Working on a Nokia 7+

Nothing to tell you it's working just tried it each week and suddenly today it worked.

^^^

Hmm good spot - I didn't notice until the other day but my Xiaomi 10T Lite was recently upgraded to MIUI 13 and Vodafone wifi calling has stopped working... My missus using a 11 Lite 5G with MIUI 13 hasn't got wifi calling on GoMo. But then she didn't with MIUI 12.5 either...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,538 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Got both VoLTE and VoWIFI turned on on a TCL20SE a few weeks ago, on the 9.99 plan.

Noticed this too on Vodafone, volte and wifi calling currently not working on my Mi11 updated to miui13 but it had been working after software upgrade, odd!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭patnor1011

samsung A21s and gomo 12.99

tried your test and it is working for me

• Advertisement

Good news , got VoLTE working after firmware update MIUI 13.0.8 ( mi 11 lite 5G NE), not sure about WiFi Calling as not home at the moment, but VoLTE definitely working , even through 5G network.

VoWIFI working too , so MIUI 13.0.8 fixed the issue.

Post edited by alec76 on

Is your Vodafone WiFi calling still not working both it and my volte have stopped working. Contacted Vodafone support but they are useless!

It briefly popped up for 2 secs the other day then disappeared. Calls not working in aeroplane mode and wifi on as before.

Try to reboot it , make sure Network Preferences set to : Prefer WIFI

• Advertisement

Already done a few times. However literally within the last 30 mins wifi calling has magically re-appeared for Vodafone.....

Be interesting to see if it came back for GIMP.

I contacted Vodafone yesterday and they did something on their side with my account and volte and wifi calling worked yesterday. But by the evening both are gone again, so I dunno what the issue is!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,648 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Anybody get this working on Pixel 3a?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

I shouldn't think it will ever work on a Pixel 3a. Between them Google and Eir haven't gotten it together to include the required settings.

The Pixel 3a does support Wifi Calling though. The setting seems to be hidden in some way though

Nope , not in Ireland. It doesn’t support VODAFONE WIFI calling even , don’t you forget, Vodafone was selling it officially. You could forget about EIR or GoMo for sure.

I remember the day I chose Android before iPhone because Android wasn't as much of a closed system, it's come full circle now

I presume it's the same for VOLTE then?

It is all about IMS registration, your phone should support Specific Provider to do so.

I believe it is incorporated in modem ( radio drivers ) , note exactly android related, but Phone manufacturers.

Turns out that for certain OnePlus phone models, VoLTE and WiFi calling stopped working with Android 11. I've a OnePlus 6 and it used to work with a UK SIM but no more. Apart from a complicated unofficial"fix", my only option is to upgrade my phone :-( GoMo confirmed that my account has VoLTE enabled.

GoMo are no help in getting it working on a phone either. They are a SIM only company and that is as far as they will go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Typed *#*#869434#*#* into the dial pad and then had the WiFi calling option in the menu. All working now. Xiaomi Mi10t lite on GoMo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,457 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Is it really? Did you put phone in airplane mode and only enable WiFi?

I did the same with the code but it only enabled the toggle not WiFi calling itself

I have no signal in my house at all but now the VoWiFi symbol is in the status bar and calls say it's using GoMo WiFi calling on the screen. Also calls are crystal clear and I can actually make calls inside for the first time in 8 years.

I don't have VoLTE enabled or even activated. I've also enabled WiFi calling on my wife's Mi10t lite and it's working perfectly.

So a week with WiFi calling and the only complaint is caller id is not working. Nobody can see my number and anyone that calls me shows as unavailable number. I've tried all settings and phone is up to date. Anyone else have this issue?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 716 ✭✭✭POBox19

Announced today, WiFi calling is now available to all GoMo customers for free.

Quote: "WiFi Calling is really cool as it allows your phone to make and receive normal calls and texts using your broadband WiFi instead of the mobile network! So, even if you’ve got some sneaky mobile black spots in your home, WiFi Calling will ensure you never miss a call.

To use WiFi Calling, simply ensure it’s enabled on your phone and your phone is connected to your home WiFi and you’re good to GoMo!" end quote.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

Funny how Google can put so much effort into pushing out RCS chat features but won't bother their butts turning on something actually useful like WiFi calling for Pixel users.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭route66

I have a Redmi Note 9 Pro but can't get WIFI calling to work on Gomo. I can't find any menu items in settings (and have searched).

As per above posts, I have entered both of these into the keypad and they appear to make a difference in that when I run the diagnostics (third option) I can see both Wifi calling and VoLTE enabled

* # * # 869434 # * # * to activate VoWiFi

*# * # 86583 # * # * to activate VoLTE

*#*#4636#*#* (diags)

I presume it is all about firmware, you should find out which firmware you currently in and which one needs to be flashed/updated

WiFi Calling for Eir won't work on Xiaomi Global World /China firmware it has to be some version of Global EEA firmware .

Post edited by alec76 on

I wonder have Gomo launched 5G? I was in Cork city centre and 5G was continuously displayed. I did a speed check though and it was just 30mb/sec. I got 180mb/sec recently on 4G+

Post edited by bromley52 on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,639 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Advertisement