Advertisement
Private Profiles - an update on how they will be changing here
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.

***** GAME PASS DEALS - See first post for the best deal ******

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭ Nelbert

Did this this morning and worked. Didn't bother with VPNs etc. Just 2 x 12 month and 1x 6 month via cdkeys followed by a month of ultimate.... End result game pass ultimate for about €120 till September 2024.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ TrivialArguer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭ bennyx_o

My Series X arrived yesterday so I bought 3 x 12 month Turkish subs and converted for €1. Expiry is now 6/12/2024. Relatively easy to do too

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ Dingaan

Nice! Did you just set your VPN to Turkey to input the codes? Did you need to change the account regions on MS/XBox?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭ Nelbert

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭ bennyx_o

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭ Dingaan

I tried this yesterday via Turkey. Pretty straight forward in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,423 ✭✭✭✭ GBX

I let me subscription lapse, had recurring billing off. Redeemed 12 Months (EU gold) I got from CD Keys. *** Got sorted this morning **

13 Months GPU.

Post edited by GBX on

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭ solidasarock

My sub expired so I want to stock up for 3 years of gold and do the conversion.

CDKeys EU codes work here? I have had some mixed experiance with CDKeys and Xbox codes in the past. I think maybe DLC and games are country specific but GOLD is for all of Europe?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,423 ✭✭✭✭ GBX

See my post above, I bought 12 months EU from CD Keys and it worked.

As per Sniper Samurai:

Make sure auto renew is off and wait for your subscription to expire, then redeem and re subscribe to GPU to get the full year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭ garden

I was able to do this for my son, really easy helpful steps, he's delighted. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭ Mark Hamill

Possibly stupid question, but do Xbox live Gold console membership codes (e.g. this one: https://www.cdkeys.com/xbox-live/memberships/12-month-xbox-live-gold-membership-xbox-one-360-eu-cd-key) work with Games Pass for PC?

I don't have an Xbox, but do have Games Pass for PC and would like to do this deal to get 3 years of Ultimate for cheap, but I want to make sure first if I can use Xbox Live Gold memberships on PC only accounts (seeing as PC and Console Game Pass are listed separately on the Xbox website).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭ sniper_samurai

Afaik as long as you have a Microsoft account you should be able to stack Gold and convert to GPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭ TrivialArguer

can you tell me where you got Turkish subs and how much were they? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭ dulpit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭ Grumpypants

Stacked up 3 years of gold and converted it for €1. My Gamepass sub lapsed a day or two ago. Set now until 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ Brozy

Okay so, I changed my Xbox and Microsoft regions both to Turkey. I bought 3 years work of Turkish gold and activated them through VPN.

Now I can't upgrade to ultimate because my payment method doesn't match my store region.

I changed back to my original region and tried to upgrade but it said my subscription region doesn't match my store region.

Did anybody encounter this?

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭ Brozy

Ahhh got it. I had bought 1 month of ultimate but the code wasn't working when I tried to redeem them the same way I did for the live codes.

It actually says Xbox one and windows so I presumed I bought the wrong thing.

I tried a different link and it worked. Got the free month as well. Jesus that was a stressful hour XD

Thanks for the heads up guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭ Mervyn Skidmore

Is this deal still working? Considering it for my Xbox one s.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭ skerry

Can confirm still working. I just stacked up until September 2024 today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭ TheRona

Glad this is still working. Just got 25 months GPU through to end of Feb 2024 for €78. Just over €3/month. Used 2 x 12 month Brazil XBL codes @ €32 each from CDKeys. Should have probably got the extra 6 months on top. Too late now!

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭ Lion Killer

Edit: Could not make a payment through CDKeys so ended up using Kenguin instead and bought from a seller.

To convert it do I just use the 1 month for 1 euro and "automatically continues at 12.99 per month after" option? I don't need to buy another Turkish code to convert it and use a VPN?

Edit 2: Yes, you just buy the 1 month without the VPN or redeeming codes. Can do it through the console. Set up for 3 years. 😀😁😃

Post edited by Lion Killer on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭ Alkers

My subs via the original deal are due to expire on 26th March, looking to renew then at €38.99 for three months.

What's the cheapest way to extend my membership? Do I have to let my current membership lapse first?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,588 ✭✭✭ sniper_samurai

Let it expire, load back up with 3 years of Gold and buy a month of GPU. That will be you good for another 3 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭ Mark Hamill

Finally got around to doing this myself (my game pass only ran out yesterday).

I bought 3x 12 months of Turkish Gold from Eneba for €94. Logged into my Mincrosoft using Tor Browser (which I had forced to use Turkish nodes). When I tried to open the "reedem a code" page it kept trying to open an xbox.com page and giving me an access denied error, so I opened it on my normal browser and copied the link for the redeeming page to Tor and it allowed me to add the codes then. I then opened xbox.com on my normal browser and bought 1 month of game pass ultimate for €1.

A little stressful, until I figured out to copy the webpage over, but I'm happy with €95 for GPU on my PC (I don't even have an xbox) until 4th March 2025.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,565 ✭✭✭ cullenswood

Thanks, used Tor myself there now and it worked a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭ Alkers

HAve just done this now, was €135 for 36 months on CDkeys and I had to fork out €12.99 for the conversion month but sorted now until I'm nearly 40 years old!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭ ablelocks

was all set to renew my gamepass ultimate but thinking now i may wait until the autumn - but is there a danger that this method will be gone by then?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Hyzepher

bought some Turkey codes but having issues redeeming them via VPN - can someone help?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Hyzepher

ok got the codes to work somehow.

When I go to buy GPU to convert I get a 12.99 option (no €1 deal) - can I just use PC Pass as that's €1?

Advertisement