Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property surveyor in Waterford

Options
  • 19-04-2022 9:22pm
    Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

any recommendations for a surveyor for a second hand house purchase in Waterford?

Thanks in advance

W

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Bump. Any recommendations?

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Landers11

Don't know anyone in Waterford. Usually your solicitor provides you with a list of recommendations and you just contact them for quotations. How old is the house? I have a few friends who had unusual reports. Almost like a copy and paste job. One report mentioned that it had a good solid shed in the garden and there wasn't any there.

haha that's crazy!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Quigs Snr

Second the comment above. The couple I got were recommended by various folks and they were beyond awful. A parody of awful. Every piece of language in the document you will get is surrounded by so many if's and buts i.e. visual inspection.. house water seemed to turn on.. call a plumber to see if there are any issues... lights turn on, call an electrician to see if there are any issues... bricks all seem to be intact, call a structural engineer to verify etc...

Basically... I had a look for 2 mins.. don't blame me if anything is wrong.

Utter rubbish. The last one took pictures of cracks in the plasterboard... er yeah. Thanks for that.

My favourite part was when I was told that the front gate could use restoration.. this is just before I leaned on it and went straight through.. thing was in worse shape than the hull of the titanic.. not the surveyors fault of course but the implication that it needed a lick of paint was laughable.

So yeah, my recommendation.. don't bother.

Plenty to look forward to then, thanks both

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

There was a recent (last couple of weeks) thread on this too:

And one a few years back also:

I'm hopefully going to be in the position of needing one soon, so if you do end up using on Wanderer 22, I'd be grateful if you could shoot me a quick PM to tell me how it went.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,856 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

jesus christ, this industry is a joke, shur tis only the biggest investment in ones life!

Advertisement