Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running ethernet cable out the back

Options

Comments

• Administrators Posts: 53,438 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

#1 = Gas

#2 = ESB

#3 = Phone

#4 = Possibly Virgin or just a generic duct left by builders. Do you have Virgin?

#5 = Not sure about this one. You can see that compared to the others, this was was not installed when the house was being built and was added later.

The gas and ESB one can be opened easily, if you've a socket set that'll open it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,960 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Class. I think you are right for number 5, think this is for an electric gate, would that make sense?

Do you know how I can open the Eir box?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Box 4 is identical in shape etc to an Eircom box that was fitted here in the 90's, which is confusing the issue, and that uses the same sort of triangle key as the ESB and gas boxes, or in some cases, it uses a square key, the only way to know is to inspect what's there.

It might be cable TV if you're in an area that was served by a cable TV company.

The Eircom box could be opened by using a set of pointed nose pliers and a small point screwdriver or similar, as the locks are not a strong lock as such, so don't need a strong key to unlock. Having said that, i can't recall seeing another Eircom box with that type of lock in over 30 years, which is slightly confusing.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Registered Users Posts: 39,092 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Looks like a weatherproof enclosure for a powerpoint or similar connection. THe electric gate would make sense.

Most will open pretty easily. A pliers or large flat screwdriver usually does it.

Advertisement