Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How fast is A4 now ?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Anyways here goes, tomorrow first race back after 11 or years, i think i done enough ? will post how i get on.

Seen someone posted about vets racing, that looks harder right now than A4

• Registered Users Posts: 3,121 ✭✭✭daragh_

For the Vets it depends on which category you are in. The top two groups would be a lot faster than A4.

Post edited by daragh_ on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭levitronix

Still not sure what happened, didnt stay around to see.

Anyway the race went fine, seen one familiar face so tucked in behind Burtie for first 2 laps, pushed into a really good spot with about 4km to go setting up the last corner, i was about 4th wheel feeling really strong, then a motor bike gardai showed up and turned it into a **** show.

Had few people moaning about my lines in corners but in my defense from bmx racing and mountain biking i probably corner a bit more aggressively than some people like .

Still all good, i had fears i was going to get dropped before the race , happy to get the first one done and dusted

• Registered Users Posts: 14 A4droppedalot

I had a good view. Basically towards end of race a garda bike passed the group in opposite direction at exact same time a rider w a green jersey was on wrong side of road on a blind bend. Cue the Garda doing a u-turn and bollocking the lead car, then neutralising race till literally just after the roundabout on the finishing straight w 400m to go. Complete mess of a finish but happy to stretch legs.

Advertisement