Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving from HSE to Tusla

Options
  • 18-04-2022 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all!

so I’ve been offered a post in Tusla which is temporary but a higher grade. I’m replacing someone who is replacing someone who is gone on secondment!

if I accept this post will I have to resign from the HSE (where I am permanent) or can I go across on secondment, and then come back to my substantive post when my time is up in Tusla?

any advice/ experience welcome!

thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

Check out the work culture of Tusla. Find out who Tusla replaced as an organization. Useless you fit that criteria stay away from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 TysonPlayer

What do you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭SupaCat95

If you dont know who Tusla are then stay away from them. See the type of law suits they are involved in. It will not be good for your conscience. Wait your turn at the HSE and your opportunity for promotion will present itself. I have yet to hear a positive story about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Vologda69

Left Tusla after six months. Place is toxic. Lot of staff out on long term sick leave. My office didnt offer flexi and insisted I take an hour for lunch. Avoid!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭tomcosgrave

Stay away from Tusla - I know HSE people who transferred out and had an awful time and are now back in the HSE. The culture there is completely toxic and incompetence is rife. Avoid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭youandme13

I work for them and love it! every one gets on great and a great working environment and help with progression and learning, have flexi time and wfm 3 days a week! How do you go about getting a secondment?

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭fairycakes

I work in Tusla and have great experience working with them. Lots of support from managers and great flexibility to move different areas within organisation. The training is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 young_gun

Hi Tysonplayer did you make the move to Tusla? I'm in the same boat I'm a permanent grade IV in the hse and have applied for a VI with Tusla. Just not sure if it's the right decision?

Advertisement