Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kids Games in Croke Park

Options
  • 12-04-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Mods if posted incorrectly please move thread

Hi Everyone just wondering if anyone can perhaps point me in the right direction please,

Im looking to try and organize my Underage GAA team to play in Croke Park, I have heard they do this at certain points of the year and certain dates but cant seem to find anything on there website, any info would be greatly appreciated

Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,470 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Before Covid, it used to be done around this time of year, for teams around Under-8 or Under-9 level. Don't think it was done for any other ages. it wasn't done at all in 2020 or '21 because of Covid. I don't know about this year.

My understanding of it is that each county would be allowed a certain number of clubs each year, and it was up to the counties themselves to decide who they'd be. Am in Wexford myself, and the way it operated here was on a rota basis - roughly 45 clubs fielding underage teams here, and about eight might be allowed to Croke Park in any given year, so we basically got to go once every five or six years. I have all sorts of club photos here, and can see that our three visits were 2008, 2013 and 2019.

Don't know how other counties operated it - maybe on a rota system as well, or maybe by way of application or even 'lucky dip'. But so far as I know, it was never the case that the club applied directly to Croke Park.

Advertisement