Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

House purchase solicitor fees

• 12-04-2022 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

We're being quoted around €4,500 to buy a house including land registry fee etc.

I have to admit I was more thinking around 3k. Is 4.5k normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭LunaLoo

That seems a bit steep our quote was €3,300 Inc land registry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭black & white

If it's any good, we just sold a house for approx 150k and solicitors fees were just under 2.5k including "Legal Fee, VAT & Outlay" Based in Clare and have been using our local firm, broke down as flat 1,750 plus vAT for legal stuff and then a few other bits and pieces thrown in. Fairly happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

I know a woman who sold a house in Co Galway 2 years ago fees 1k approx...

youd have to know what all was included exactly to make a useful comparison tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭limitedIQ

This was all the estimated costs from our solicitor:

Purchase price €342,000

Conveyancing Fee €1,675

Other Costs

Outlays €75 

Searches (est) €75 

Property Registration Authority Costs

Register your ownership €700 

Register your mortgage €175 

Obtain new folio and file plan €40 

Subdivision €75 

VAT€403  

Stamp duty  €3,013 

Total Cost €6,231 

Payable to Solicitor €1,675 

Others €150 

Tax and Government€4,406  

Total: €6,231 

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

Conveyancing fee of €1500-€2,000 is the norm for most domestic home transactions. Then add in the various outlays which are usually listed and mostly are fixed. then vat is added

If its a house in a new estate it should be at the lower end as the sellers solicitors will have all the relevant information to hand.

And it does not matter a jot where your solicitor is once they are in Ireland. I bought an investment property in the southwest, the solicitor was in Newbridge Kildare, I live outside Portadown. He was recommended to me and was superb. McCormack Solicitors if its allowed to mention a name.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Smouse156

That is extremely expensive unless it includes stamp duty as well. We paid 1k plus vat on a new build for conveyancing. Brilliant solicitor, no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭Xidu

I bought @400k and total cost is €6740 including stamp duty. It’s a new house so stamp duty is priced at @360k 1% b4 VAT.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Dolbhad

Outlay for buying is always a lot more than selling but nothing you can do about that. I think standard now is €1500-2000 so it doesn’t seem expensive but will depend on area. A solicitor in Dublin will be more than Cork or Limerick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 stevie_indie_g

Hi

I am new to the house buying process and was wondering if someone could let me know if the solicitor charges you everytime they get a contract for a house i am interested in buying.

For example if I have put down a deposit on 2 homes because I've not decided which one to go for, will the solicitor charge me twice ?

I will eventually only go ahead with one of the homes.

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 1,101 ✭✭✭herbalplants

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭This is it

Ours was just short of 3k for all fees excluding stamp duty and LPT

Advertisement