Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

221 - any pics of new cars ?

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Not to mention the environmental costs of using a much heavier vehicle - extra particulates from tyres, extra wear and tear on our roads, and being so big and heavy, it's not going to be as energy efficient as it could be. Bigger vehicles cause more traffic congestion, which is worse for the vast majority of us still using vehicles with real engines, as if there is one place that a proper engine is inefficient, it is congested traffic and at very low speeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,608 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Now that is really taking the piss lol. Maybe we should ban all Larry's and tractors on our roads to so they have got to be even worse especially the tractors with no suspension. They rip the roads apart. While you are at it maybe ban any BMW 5 series sized car too so no Merc E classes either or Audi A6s or any cars that size or bigger. There is far more of them on our roads than the few big EVs that are only starting to come onto our roads. Imagine all the congestion they are causing.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭Dav010

Tyre particulates and tarmac wear & tear, if we are worried about that, time to go back to the ass and cart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

Porsche macan turbo nice reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭goochy

Cayenne ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,355 ✭✭✭ofcork

You are probably right just assumed macan.

Ms

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭sk8board

How much are the pre-reserved reg plates these days?

very marmite imho - most just look like you’re trying too hard.

perhaps this owner has ocd and like me, likes things symmetrical :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,249 ✭✭✭goochy

It looks like display type reg a dealer would have on forecourt so not very special

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Sam the Sham

I saw a 221 Audi eTron GT the other day. Amazing looking but the fake space-age motor sounds are a joke. Says a lot about the owner’s motivations.

• Advertisement
    Ms

The sound is there to alert blind people of a car coming.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

That sound alert is a legal requirement now. Pretty much sounds the same on any ev or phev I have heard recently. Although haven't heard the etron.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

The Arkana is actually based on an extended Captur platform, so although its slightly longer than the Kadjar, its actually narrower in the Cabin. I was looking at it as a replacement for our Kadjar but while the boot was big enough , in other respects it was too small. It cannot be compared to the Kadjar/Qashqai. The new Austral will be its replacement, although I've heard that the current Kadjar will be sold along side the Austral for a while.

It reminds me of the time the Fluence came out. In reality it was a Megane based car with a very big boot and a Megane price hence why the taxis loved them. Mondeo space for Focus price.

Ms

As much as I love the Megane I can tell you that that Megane did not have as much space inside as a Mondeo not width wise anyway. I have been in both and the mondeo is far roomier.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

i like the look of those Arkanas and didn’t think I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,388 ✭✭✭✭road_high

The price differential though was more than enough to make up for it. The Fluence was seriously cheap when it came out. Sure the dashboard was a but flimsy but the price and equipment were very competitive

Ms

They come in nice colours too. It looks really well in the lime blue colour.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭Killer K

Never owned a Fluence but drove one as a rental and I was seriously impressed with it for what it was. It is one of those cars that was underated and unfairly looked down upon in my opinion. I know many will disagree, but I quite liked the styling. The saloon Megane that replaced it didn't have the same attraction for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭johnf2020

I worked for Renault at that time, and that was the way it was perceived/sold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭StonedRaider

Any Land rover Defender owners here?

Couldn't take a picture as I was driving, but a 221 was broken down yesterday afternoon on the N59 Galway-clifden road with an AA van attending. On passing by again about an hour later, they were still at it trying to get going

• Registered Users Posts: 11,484 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Spotted a few 222 regs in the wild already today, not taking any photos till I spot something interesting

222SO18 (some sort of small Hyundai)

222G18 (basic looking Seat Ibiza)

222G159 (Kia Sportage)

222MO63 (7 seater Citroen yoke)

Post edited by For Forks Sake on

• Registered Users Posts: 81,270 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's going to look weird with threble 2's, might become collectibles.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭helen87

I wish i was collecting mine today ordered since February, have been told now it wont be in until the end of July 😔

• Registered Users Posts: 3,458 ✭✭✭hoodie6029

211,212 and 221 all look the same to me. At least these 6 months will stand out. In reality, this will be the first distinctive reg since 131.

Cui bono?

Ms

211,212 and 221 all look the same to me.

I can understand if someone is dyslexic how a 212 and a 221 might look the same but not a 211. The others have two 2s and a 1 it has two 1s and a 2 it's not hard to see the difference in them.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement