Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Airport Current Accessibility / Fast Track etc …

Options
  • 11-04-2022 11:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭

Folks,

anyone used Dublin airport recently ? With all these massive queues has anybody managed to get any sort of priority? Any access to fast track ?

I’ve emailed the DAA, OCS, and no replies forthcoming.. I forwarded to the two relevant government departments, transport, equality & disability …

11 days later and not a sniff of a reply from any of the four above….

I’d very much appreciate any first hand experiences of using Dublin… or contacts that might be helpful.

thanks all.

Comments

It was reported during the week that Fast Track was being suspended for the time being

Also on the DAA site they state "FAST TRACK - is open, but only for those who already have a confirmed booking. We are temporarily not taking any new bookings."

• Registered Users Posts: 24,807 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Thanks, I did see that but require to know if any specific provision is available for people who need it….and wouldn’t be of the ability to be standing for a couple of hours.

still no reply from either government departments, DAA or OCS… two weeks after the emails were sent…

Aer Lingus online are zero help,

Conversation ended without notice as above..

Needing assistance is different to fast track and there are always staff available to assist in those cases, they typically hang around the departures areas in pink bibs if I recall. I'm guessing you are looking for the likes of a wheelchair or some kind of mobility assistance in which case they should see you sorted. They may be able to get your through security quicker but I wouldn't hold my breathe for that due to the staffing issues at the moment

This might help

Thanks, emailed all the above so called stake holders and service providers, OCS, DAA a couple of weeks back without any sort of reply or even acknowledgment up to this point , might just make a phone call tomorrow as a last resort…2016 but things must have changed, considering I can’t access a reply from anyone there, not very accessible.

Just book assistance on their website.

• Advertisement

It’s not possible to do at present

Then all you can do is follow the instruction on the site

Thing is no assistance is required barring not having to stand around.. they don’t need or require an OCS rep but if it gets us through faster so be it.

If they can't stand around, then they are quite entitled to the assistance.

Advertisement