Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cluster question

Options
  • 13-04-2022 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭

Can someone please explain to me what this bar is actually measuring?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,764 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Instantaneous power consumption in kW?

Showing an average of 15.6kW/100km there on the right I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭sh81722

My vote is for the instant kWh/100 km.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭eagerv

With the light coloured line showing your average?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭sh81722

Right, both the line and the digits on the right seem very close to the each other (15.6 kWh/100 km). If the line or number follow the throttle closely that's the instant reading, right? And the "stationary" one is the average over certain past distance. The green bar seems to be just a fixed scale from 0-60 kWh/100 km. A real life consumption of 60 kWh/100 km does not make sense, certainly not for the instant consumption, nor for the average unless you just drove to the top of Mt. Everest after resetting it at the valley.

Seen as the power meter needle is currently showing a very low reading both the bar and number are most likely both showing the average consumption. 15 and some kWh/100 km makes a lot of sense for many relatively frugal small to medium size EVs.

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭joanofarc

Ah Jesus, was hoping ye'd tell me in lay man ( women) terms😂

So basically my consumption of kW per km!!!

I've set my kona to regen 3 and driving around city today for about 45 mins and didn't lose even 1 km of range! Epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,427 ✭✭✭eagerv

Or divide 100 by your kWh/100km gives you 100/15.6 = 6.4kms per kWh 🙂

Advertisement