Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircode has messed everything up.

Options
  • 12-04-2022 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am renewing my learner bus permit and the damn eircode system is after changing my address from what I've used all my life.

Government letters that arrive to me are still using the original address before the cursed eircode system had to come in.

I can't change the eircode address.

I guess I'm gonna have to try and change the address myself now or what are people doing in this situation?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

In what way is the eircode address wrong?

Plenty of people used informal versions of their address for years / decades without issue but, excepting for some errors, the eircode address is the actual postal address

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭jimbob1982

This is my address that I used for years :

R........ e

B........ a

New....... west

Co. Limerick.

The eircode has :

Old m...

Newcastlewest

Co.Limerick.

You get the idea. It's nothing like the original. It's fine for locals. They'll know but what about official documents?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

Why dont you change your address with NDLS and Mygov.ie ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

So just don't use your Eircode? I never use mine.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,677 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,198 ✭✭✭MrMusician18

I fail to see the problem here. I used an informal address all my life until the eircode came in and I realised it was wrong. I now use the correct postal one, though sometimes I use the old one.

Post always arrives either way.

You have a non-issue.

It's more for proof of address purposes guys. Other than that, I couldn't care less.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Margaret Clarke

My home address (my parents’ address in Ireland) would be like

25 Riverville, Oaktown, Co. Bertie *

According to Eircode, it’s exactly the same.

According to the register of electors my address is:

25 Rivervile, Cottage Street, Oaktown, Co. Bertie.*

There is a subtle spelling difference between the two and the register of electors has an extra line. No idea where it came from.

*Not even remotely my address 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 3,266 ✭✭✭...Ghost...

It's a bit of a joke sometimes. My eircode address shows as street, estate, county rather than street, town, county. When getting insurance quotes or online deliveries which use eircode, I get street, wrong town, county. The wrong town is even covered by a different local authority.

Stay Free

Ya well, the bin lorry thought Newcastlewest was in Co. Kerry and not Limerick so as Axl Rose says "Tell me who you gonna believe" 😂😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Again, nothing to do with Eircode. Just use whatever address you've always used.

Advertisement