Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stick or twist? AP

Options
  • 11-04-2022 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭

I am currently an AP in the CS. Probation etc done, good reviews, PMDs, so all grand from that point of view. Few issue with the job.

1- I don't like it...that's the main one...

2- moved offices since pandemic..commute is now 1hr 20 before it was maybe 35 minutes.

I was considering applying for a position at same level under mobility...but my boss said he would reject it as I am needed on the project I am on currently...I am not sure if this is allowed or not?

I have seen two jobs at the same level that have come up in CS. I am considering applying for both...better locations and jobs seem interesting. I am guessing I will also be on probation again for another 2 years?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Definitely apply for mobility, 100% and say nothing to your boss.

When the time comes, you have to meet the usual criteria, 2 years service, 2 years location etc. It's very hard to deny someone a mobility request even past 2 weeks. AO in my section got promoted to AP last year. New section wanted them immediately, my AP and PO fought to keep her to wrap up some cases. She was gone in 10 days.

I have just moved on mobility and it was just over the 2 weeks, only because I would have been transferring midweek so it was just easier to finish the week in the old section.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I think I will do that thanks, and really appreciate the reply. Good luck with the new job!

Do you know how it would work if I apply for an AP and I am currently an AP? That obviously doesn't come under mobility...so I am guessing 2 years probation?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,219 ✭✭✭Augme

Why do you think it's two years probation? In the civil service probation only ever lasts a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,210 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I am getting confused between probation and being eligible for mobility

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Feck it. Go with twist. Worst they can say is no.

• Advertisement
Advertisement