Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

192 Kia eSoul - can't connect app, update software

Options
  • 25-03-2022 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭

Hello,

So, after considering EVs for a few months, I now have this nice 192 Kia Soul with a 64 kWh battery.

I am trying to use the Kia Connect app with it, but failing:

• There is no "UVO" entry in the menu, so I can't get a QR code to connect the app
    • I am unable to locate the VIN of the car so can't connect it that way. (I do not yet have the vehicle registration certificate as I bought the car two days ago)
    • I did consider updating the car's software so that the UVO or Kia Connect entry might appear, but I could not find a way to do it either.

Advice would b e much appreciated as the app does seem useful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,115 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

VIN may be on the bottom right of the outside windscreen on the passenger side.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭MichaelR

Thanks! VIN found there!

However, when I entered it into the KIA Connect app, the app responded: "The VIN is invalid or the vehicle is not equipped with KIA Connect".

What gives? Did they really not have the feature as recently as 2019?

Also:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Does the vehicle have an SOS button? Is the app available in other countries? (Uk?)

I was chatting to a colleague with an eSoul, it appears to be the same situation as the ioniq. Basically they haven’t enabled app connectivity in some of the smaller markets such as Ireland. Where as the same vehicle sold in the uk or Europe has it. Very frustrating as the app connectivity is very useful on an ev, especially in 2022.

Post edited by DublinDilbert on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭ffocused

You can get the latest software from www.update.kia.com

Install the software on pc and download latest firmware to a USB key for install and see if that helps.

UVO was discontinued and was replaced by Kia Connect last year, but unsure how that impacted cars already UVO registered.

If the previous owner still has the car registered in UVO/ Kia Connect that could be why you cannot register.

I would go to a Kia dealer if you are still unable to register once you have the VLC, and they should be able to help with registration and remove old owner if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

Sorry to tell you but its not software related.

The car does not have the hardware for the app.

I had a 192 Soul too. The early cars just didn't come fitted with the technology. Think it wasn't fitted in the esouls till 202 models.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

Does it have the SOS button?

Ioniq has had it in other regions for the last 3 years or so, but never in Ireland. It looks like they never enabled the service at the back end. The deals claim that the cars don't have the required hardware.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭ewj1978

AFAIK, The early models of the Soul didnt have the hardware. I had the car for 2 years and KIA were adamant that it was not possible to enable the app.

As for The SOS button, I never noticed one but I no longer have the car so cant check.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭MichaelR

My car does have the SOS button.

Advertisement