Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ronaldo slaps phone out of fans hand

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,354 ✭✭✭corner of hells

• Registered Users Posts: 81,110 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

In the video the fans were behaving to the United players leaving the field like thugish animals you would see watching a bare knuckle brawl, he should have grabbed it proper out of the fans hand and smashed it to pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,806 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

He put more effort into doing that than he did in the match, I’d hate to be paying him or Paul Pogba, and there are a few more, amazing that Ronaldo was I’ll when United were playing Man City, he would be grand if they were at home to Norwich

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭CGI_Livia_Soprano
    Holding tyrants to the fire

He was dead right, too many people think their phones allow them to invade the personal space of others.

Ronaldo should answer for his rape accusations however.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭tanko

There’s no excuse for what he did. He has no problem getting paid millions every year for his image rights. He’s just a hypocrite. If he put as much effort into playing like he should he’d be better off.

• Advertisement

Ah he did something a bit stupid, without thinking. He's apologised and is trying to make amends. I think that's fair enough, everyone makes mistakes or has bad days.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Wow, how can anyone defend a grown man for slapping (and leaving a bruise) a kids hand and breaking their phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,215 ✭✭✭jj880

He has invited the boy (everton fan) to watch a game at old trafford in the name of fair play and sportsmanship. Strange offer that. Should be brand new phone, laptop and top seats at an Everton home game for the kid and a few of his mates. Not a good look for Ronaldo.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭DrZeuss

Surely the kids been through enough, no need to punish him further.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭thefallingman

The ma is looking for cash the way she’s talking and fair enough

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭rolling boh

I would cut him some slack am not a utd fan but his emotions were proberly running high he is dissapointed having lost a match and people are sticking phones all over so no surprise he reacted poorly he has said he is sorry . If anybody wants to approach a star better to wait and judge the mood first .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭dobman88

The only shocking thing about this incident is that it hasnt happened many times before. Players, and celebrities in general, having phones stuck in their faces all the time.

He was wrong and hopefully he buys the kid a new phone now he has apologised but the public need to be aware that iust because someone is famous, you don't get to record everything that they do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭Northernlily

The mam straight to the papers for a payday.

Indefensible. Part of being a high earning professional is being able to maintain a temperament in a variety of situations, this should have been easy for him. It's ethically wrong in my view to stick a camera in someone's face and invade their privacy without their permission but it's not illegal and people will not hesitate to do it for the social media affirmation they want.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,389 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Was he at his place of work? One would assume if he was then people taking photos and dealing with them would be part of his job. He sure as hell is getting paid enough for it to be

I dont understand that view. Nobody walks into my work and takes photos of me and I'd be miffed if they did.

100% he shouldn't have done it but I dont blame him, or any celeb that may lash out in a moment of frustration

• Registered Users Posts: 18,389 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I don't understand how you can compare your job to that of a premier League footballer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭trashcan

I kind of half agree with you, but I doubt if anyone pays money to come to your job and watch you work. (Maybe you’re really really good at your job, I don’t know.😀

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

It's a pity Monday night football is not on, I was hoping to hear Carragher's take on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Is it just a load of kids, the very people that he is supposed to be setting an example to?

I can't make out the lad who's phone was smacked, to see how old he is, but he doesn't look old. Everyone else in the video is about 10 - 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

The lad that spat at fans from his car? Why would you want to hear his take on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭RossGeller

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭PeaSea

• Registered Users Posts: 6,525 ✭✭✭SteM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,530 ✭✭✭Allinall

What does his pay have to do with anything?

Been mentioned in lots of posts, but not sure how it’s relevant.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,265 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Mammy will soon be looking for a cash settlement.

Shee's already setting it in motion with the bruised hand claim.

Its just a job. It's a very public, highly paid job but just a job.

Like I said, a moment of frustration I'm sure he or anyone else would regret.

I'd assume you dont want people coming to your job sticking a phone in your face either. Dont think we will agree on this anyway but sure.

I think I'm good at it, I'm sure some would disagree. Deal with the public every day. Have had phones in my face, not to the point of a famous soccer player but its not a nice thing to happen

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭elperello

A classic case of the s**t hitting the fan 🙂

(only joking, nothing against Ronaldo really)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,608 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Ronaldo was assaulted far more on the pitch, his leg was cut in many places. It was just frustration that he slapped the phone, but he never attacked the lad. Of course he should not have done it, moment of weakness, but it shows he cares about winning, every other United player left the pitch without a care in the world, and they hide behind the fact the media claim the problem with United is Ronaldo, that it's just not working with Ronaldo in the team. But in reality he's one of the true professionals at he club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,800 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Plus… the kid is afraid to watch football and is afraid of the colour red…£££££££

he was working for United so any payout will be likely out of their funds,

Advertisement