Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drumnigh Manor, Portmarnock

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Hey Darryn,

The houses are under a flightpath, which has pros and cons, I guess. Pros are that they have a higher sound insulation quality, by regulation, so all the houses are heavily insulated and all have treble glazed windows. As a result, noise from neighbours I don't think should be an issue. I was chatting to someone who had just moved in a few months back and they said they couldn't hear a thing, although it'd be great if another resident could back up that claim.

Also, I was in viewing the show house when a plane passed over, and once we closed the front door I couldn't hear it at all. But, if you're out in the garden and having a chat, they'll likely interrupt the conversation for a second or two, or cause you to speak higher at the very least.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Darryn

Thanks Knex! Yes we were also inside the showhouse when a plane was overhead and didn't hear a thing. Very impressed with the insulation. Really its about the noise insulation between the neighbors that is my only concern, besides that the houses look amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Davwalsh03

Hi All,

We recently put a deposit on a house which is due for completion in September. We have our first child on the way in August and we were wondering is this estate covered by Portmarnock's catchment area or Belmayne/Clongriffin for schools? Does anyone currently have kids enrolled in Portmarnock?

Many thanks in advance :)

David

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erf

Hey folks,

I'm interested in hearing about the broadband/ TV options that people have gone for?

We are looking at adjusting some of the sockets / data / TV points so any feedback or recommendations I would be grateful for.

Thanks

Erf

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Sanparom

It would be in Portmarnock's catchment area. It depends on what type of school you're looking for, but our kids are in Belmayne ETNS and we couldn't be happier. It is an incredible school. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have if you want to send me a PM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 cambridge01

Regarding schools, our 5 year old will start at Sutton Park school in September. We visited the school and really liked it. Keen to hear if any others send or are thinking of sending to Sutton Park. We can group together on drop offs & pick ups.

@Sanparom & @cambridge01

Thank you so much for your quick replies. Its great to know there is a good selection of schools around :).

We are really looking forward to getting into the house now :). This thread really sold the estate to us. Everyone is so helpful. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emsc2009

Hi deposit put down last week and told sept October and reading messages now I’m wondering what you all mean saying no bricks on front of houses in new phase? i mean I know it’s not exact same as showhouse but they never said brickwork be different although judging by plans it’s completely diff layout very hard to tell by showhouse as new phase seems completely diff !

also Can I be added to group ? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

About the brick facade, there is some variance throughout the estate which is welcome IMO as if every house in the estate had a top to bottom brick facade it would be monotonous. From what I can see in Phase II is that the long row of houses that run along the premier of the site have top to bottom front facades, the houses that are in squares have brick only up to about hip height. Another variation of the 3 story 3 beds that you can see in the last block of phase I is to have bricks up to the first floor and a grey trough type thing the width of the house. The ground floor windows on those houses have 3 panes wide vs a two-pane front.

Obviously, it should be made clear to people looking at the show house that their house might not have the same style

• Registered Users Posts: 2 emsc2009

..hi could I be added to what’s app group not resident yet but deposit down on one that’s due for completion sept /oct if it’s set up thanks

• Advertisement

Sure. Can you PM me your number and I'll add you in?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 davisthegiraffe

Would love to get the add too. Not a current resident but we have put our deposit down on a 4 bed due to complete in Sept. Cheers

Hey Dave. Sure thing. PM me your number and I'll add you in!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Nick C.

Hi! I'm not a resident yet but have put the deposit down for a house to be completed in September 2022. The house is fantastic although it will have less bricks on the facade compared to the one we visited in the showroom :-(.

Someone knows what are the options in regards of kitchen alterations?

Are you aware of possible delays that could postpone the release date?

Would it be possible to be added to the whatsapp group?

Looking forward to meet you neighbours :-) ...

Hi Nick,

Congrats on putting the deposit down.

Kitchens you can make changes with Nolan Kitchens. They contact you when it's time to come into their showroom and see what options are available to you.

We were expecting to begin snagging in Feb, but were then told it was delayed to mid/end March due to ESB - they're waiting for them to come out and connect our row of houses.

No prob with the WhatsApp, just fire me a PM with your number.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 CDBK

Hey guys!

Wondering does anyone know what type of alterations Nolan Kitchens will make? It doesn't look like we'll have a kitchen island in our property - do you reckon that's something that could be worked on with Nolan's or would that depend on the plans the builders are working towards?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 lnd1234

Hello,

Just wondering if you managed to set up a group for people moving in to Drumnigh Manor in the coming months? We have our down deposit and looking to join if possible.

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭KLF

They should let you add a kitchen island, different integrated bin options, and some minor changes, anything like changing designs or surfaces will probably be rejected. Nolan kitchens come in toward the end of the build and fit the kitchens.

Hey there! Sorry for the delay. We have indeed. PM me your number and I'll add you in, and congrats on the house. Exciting times!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Sacapel

Hi, could you add me to the WhatsApp group? Thank you

• Advertisement

Weirdly enough, we were told by the estate agent when visiting the showhouse that the new houses won't be coming with bricks and also that the bedroom on second floor will be smaller. Ours should be ready Sept/Oct too.

Your profile is on private, can't pm you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 skysu

Hi,

We put down a deposit for a 4 bedroom + study house that will be completed in Sept/Oct. We have one question that we couldn't get the answer from the agent. If anyone who already lives there or has knowledge around it could help, that would be appreciated!

Question: How are the ethernet ports located in the house? Is it possible to get internet cable connection in every floor or is it only in one place where you connect the router? We need cabled internet connections in different rooms for Smart TV, desktop etc. so if this is not the case, we will try to do it during the building phase. If anyone went through this already, it would be a big help if you can share your experience.

Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Erf

Hi,

I queried this off the builder as I had the same questions. We are going to be in a C4 house, it will be wired cat6 throughout the house with the cables terminating in a box in the utility room. You'll have to get your own switch / connect the ethernet ports and so on. You can get someone in to connect them all up or DIY, I plan on doing it myself as it's not overly complex / expensive.

Cheers

Hi Sacapel,

Do you mind me asking what type of house you are purchasing and what bedroom will be smaller? We are due to move into a 4 bed with study in September and they didn't mention any changes to the size of the house. Just that the brickwork would cover the groundfloor.

Cheers,

David

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DM_

Hi my partner and I have recently put down a deposit for a house in Drumnigh Manor!! Would it be possible to be added to the WhatsApp group for those who will be moving in this autum? Thanks in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 SG0904

Hello. Similar to the above, have put a deposit down for a house due for completion in September. Would be great to be added to the WhatsApp group too please. Thanks

Hi David,

Our house will be ready in Sept too. We will be in the 3 bedroom + Family room. We were told that the 3rd bedroom on second floor will be smaller than the showhouse.

Cathy

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭jus_me

Hi All

hoping to secure a 3 bed in the next launch - or by way of cancellation. What was the process like to secure a home was it quite competitive and difficult?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mayne

Hi there, we're also on the lefthand side, otherwise known as snagging limbo. Have you had any updates at all? The latest we were told was snagging dates would be given on March 31st, but then the builders decided to wait on the other side of the road to be complete and it would be mid April for snagging. We've had no word yet, have any of you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 SchruteFarms

Hi All,

Hope all the current resident at Drumnigh Manor are enjoying the estate.

I recently got an email from HMD that Phase 3 is about to launch from plans. I wanted to check how is the type F house?

The show houses available for viewing don’t include the type F house. How different is the F type house from the 4 bedroom with study house? Any pros/cons of type F house?

Thanks!

Advertisement