Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Your own pictures of bad parking - NO CHAT 24h ban

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,592 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Thanks to Concannon Electrical and other commercial drivers for blocking assorted footpaths this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

Ahh the caring nature of parents in the school environs. All cars here are parked/stopped although at least the Opel's driver stayed in the car while being in the middle of nowhere. Same can't be said for the Ford or the Skoda who just sort of left it there in the T-junction.

Dundrum library. Wouldn’t want to be in a wheelchair or pushing a buggy. Huge empty driveway in front of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,405 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

(stupid platform won’t let me delete top photo.) Car park around the back of this place but they park on the footpath instead

Post edited by LIGHTNING on

Pig ignorance of this on Sundrive Road

Save the planet with your Leaf, but don’t give a toss about people on foot

• Advertisement

Two vans and one car, choosing to park on the footpath, while visiting houses with ample driveways.

Bread van driver delivering to Centra leaving SFA space for people to get past.

Couldn’t get it in the door

• Registered Users Posts: 20,045 ✭✭✭✭neris

It's not just Dunnes in Ireland where people park like twats. Dunnes in Spain has the same idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭passatman86

Nearly made it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 495 ✭✭DermoMIO

A lovely big hatched yellow box to park in, I wonder why nobody else is parked in it ?

For my sins the horrible Peugeot in the background kindly left a dent in my drivers door 😪

Edit: SuperValu killester yesterday lunch time

• Registered Users Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

User warned for chatting in this thread

How to correct this? It was ok before upload

• Registered Users Posts: 8,944 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I call this the ghost triple park.

Parallel parking spaces outside the school, Scenic is obviously parked properly. Car circled in red is double parked outside the spaces. Why are they not parked in the empty space? Because if they did, someone as inconsiderate as themselves would double park outside them, blocking them in for precious minutes, of course! So ghost double parking in the middle of the road is more convenient. And very common in this area. That's bad parking number one, but very common here (I've posted examples before).

But the Hyundai circled in yellow has taken it a step further. There probably was a car double parked outside the Scenic. The Hyundai then came along and triple parked outside of it. That car that was there was able to pull out and head off. Leaving the Hyundai triple parked right out in the middle of the road - but triple parked against a ghost car. Of course it wouldn't occur to them to maneuver into the slightly less stupid double parking position. There was someone in the car, engine off, and they made absolutely no attempt to move or apologise to all the traffic they inconvenienced on both sides of the road. They have their "spot" - literally straddling the white line with a full car's width to the left - and they're sticking to it, damnit!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

My car is better than everyone's else's! Paul Street, Cork City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Ignorant, careless drivers park in Supervalu Tubbercurry, Co Sligo

Another of many examples…’Why park straight when I can park just anyway I want’

This driver shouldn’t have a licence if they can’t do the very basic parking in an empty cark park!

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

Why park in a normal space in a normal way like a loser when you can park across 2 spaces including a disabled bay?

Bonus points for hazard lights.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Pushing a buggy or in a wheelchair? Tough sh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I'm a cnut with a new rover so I must take 2 spaces!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Be right back

Dunnes stores just seems to attract them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

There must have been something about this space in Airside yesterday. We arrived and the BMW was taking up two spaces. We went into Smyths, came out about 20 minutes later and the Merc was in the exact same space doing the same thing. My sub 5 year old daughter was keen to demonstrate how they were being selfish.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,252 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tuam Shopping Centre the bellend in the Toyota would rather park with over half his car blocking a lane than use the carpark 100 metres away . Genius

UCHG on Sunday with parking spaces really scarce and some eejit does this

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭JayPS 2288

Swords

* MOD EDIT*

User warned for chatting in this thread

Beaumont House

• Registered Users Posts: 3,040 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Not even a Ferrari; it's a '94 Toyota MR2 with no power whatsoever. #sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭downtheroad

Centre of the footpath. Pedestrians, wheelchairs and buggies will hardly want to use this space.

Woman driver. Swords.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭pandabat

Dunnes Ballyvolane (again 🙄) 3-for-1. Corsa tells Sangyong "anything you can do, I can do better" while Passat in the background does some border incursion

Advertisement