Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

BMW 330e

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Collected mine Saturday.

It's a dream to drive.

So quiet.

Takes a bit of getting used to as it's my first automatic vehicle.

Love the sunroof.

SatNav is really poor like my previous MSport.Pity BMW can't get a licence or whatever to use Google Maps.

Anybody have an issue scheduling a charge via the app?

Charge took approximately 3.5 hours,range 50 km.

Disappointed there's no CD player.

Is it possible to connect a bluetooth enabled cd player to the media?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭UhOh

Do people still use CDs? Haven’t seen one in years.

Having an issue connecting my phone via the bluetooth?

Tried everything.

Is it possible to reboot the idrive?

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭heathersonline

So Google maps isn't an option in the G20? I presumed android auto & carplay would make this available automatically 🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Hi folks has anyone any experience with the bmw 330e? Looking at a few 2018 models and just wondering what they are like 2nd hand regarding batteries and general running costs. Thanks

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,353 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

There’s a big 530e thread.

same car.

Ok cheers I thought the 530 would have a bigger set up with different figures

Both the same 2.0 engine with battery and motor I thought both 252bhp.

330e “May” get slightly more range in EV mode assuming it’s a lighter car

Thanks, I’ve started reading the 530e thread but it’s a big one so will take me a while! I had a look at a 2018 530e and the difference in the cabin quality compared to the 330e is huge. I know it’s the newer gen but the likes of the digital dash and all round finish is miles ahead of the 330 which felt a bit dated. I’m driving a new puma vignale which I’m not really enjoying at the moment so am thinking of changing if the figures make sense

• Advertisement

They are a lovely car in fairness.

We have a 172 530s Msport Performance or whatever that set is called!

Its a really nice car, but first gen battery so really 20km range in winter and 30ish in summer.

My mam does 95% of her driving on electricity in fairness.

Try get a nice spec, we have the 20" wheels, B&O sound System, LED, Night Vision, Sunroof, Blinds, Performance brakes, internal media set up with rear screens and digital dash. Id say im missing a few options there but nice car. Only thing i dont like about it is the chrome around the window trim, id wrap it if it was mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,256 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

The last model 3 series is very poor in terms of interior appearance and quality as you have found.

The current 3 series, 2019 onwards is a big step up.

The 5 series also benefits from the 2019 update to dash and battery etc.

Wow that’s a cracker, superb amount of spec and the leather is tasty and very unique. Wheels really suit it

Yeah I’m starting to question if I’d actually enjoy the 330 interior, I’m sure it would have been fine if I hadn’t seen the 530! Maybe if I see a really clean one it might make me feel better as the ones I viewed in bill griffins on Saturday were filthy inside and out

• Registered Users Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The 330e you are looking at is an interior that came out in 2012 and the 530e is a design from 2017. Big, big difference in them. The 330e from 2019 has a lovely interior to be fair, up there with the 5 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

If you can go for the g20. Great car and battery life is double or more the previous generation.

Budget definitely wont stretch to the g20 and even a half decent 530 is probably out of budget unfortunately

I’d buy a 17 530e over an 18 330e.

Of course if budget allows, get the newer 12 kWh battery but I think you need 2019 for that.

Bill Griffin cars are low prices, quick turnover. That’s how he is one of, if not the cheapest dealer in the country. But you get what you pay for in that sense. The car will be higher than average mileage and it may not be small dealer clean as they churn them out.

On the other hand, they may just be dirty until they are sold and then they get the dealer valet for collection.

Try go look at a few and drive both. I think you’ll like the 530e over the 330e and good knows I’ve had my fair share of both of them to make that informed decision!

Yep I think I remember you from yonks ago on the the bmw forum! I was mad into e46s a lifetime ago. I found a peach of a 2017 530e in Sligo but it was €36k. Just mad money at the moment. I think bill griffins is great in what they do but it would be nice if they gave them even a small spit and polish before they put them up for sale. A plug in like the 330/530 would be perfect for us as my wife only uses the car for trips to the local shops or family, 10/15kms a day max and I have the van home from work. We have a 6 month old puma on 0% pcp which I thought would keep me happy for 3 years but the lack of quality in the interior is just getting to me now, it drives great but I’m getting itchy feet already which is never a good sign

Most likely me alright, just under a different username nowadays ;)

• Advertisement

You think your family’s white 530e would get near €35k ish?

Mine?

I don’t know. I paid €31k for it 2 years ago.

Stuff is just nuts now when you look at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,668 ✭✭✭whippet

I bought a 330e new in 2020 and at the moment the prices listed on the forecourts are ranging between €5k and €2k short of what I bought it for ... insanity.

I bought a 2014 Model S P85+ in June 2021 for €34k. Sold it in July 2022 for €36k.

Bought another Model S P90D Ludicrous for €48k in July 2022 and traded that in just last week for €57,620!

Mental alright.

Wow yep that’s unreal, the 330 is a definite no as it’s too dated now. Just have to see if I can afford a 530 as they are a cracking car

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mickt09

Hi I'm new here .

I'll try keep this short , I've a second hand 2017 bmw 330e with a failed starter motor. I've found out my car was recalled for starter problems . Contacted bmw ireland and they confirmed my car is a recall and to contact a local dealer .

So my issue is I've contacted a local dealer and was told they cant look at it till December.

I've no problem bringing it somewhere else to get the starter replaced but reading the recall info it says it could cause flywheel or gearbox damage.

Has anyone else had the same problem or know a decent mechanic who can advise.

This is getting more common, dealers claiming no slots to book you I'm even when it's an actual breakdown. I don't know why they think this is an acceptable situation.

I know one case of a vw refusing to recognise topped up ad blue and saying it would stop in 200 miles yet vw couldn't look at it for 6 weeks. Not acceptable at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 mickt09

Well if anyone thinks bmw ireland will help them you can forget about it . Their response was

"Your concerns have been logged for monitoring purposes but, most of our BMW Approved Centres are independently owned and managed businesses and responsible for their own sales and service process – we aren’t directly involved"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,012 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I’d suggest you try a few other BMW dealers. Generally the further from Dublin you go the more likely you’ll get better service but obviously that’s a blanket statement and open to exception. If you’re car is an ex-UK import which a lot of them are, you could have a lot more hassle.

Advertisement