Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Airshows 2021

• 11-02-2021 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭

Not sure how much we have to look forward to with Covid, but news is coming out slowly. The biggest is that the Patrouille Suisse return to Bray!

Bray - 24th - 25th July
    Cobh - August
    Newcastle FoF - TBC
    Rush - TBC
    Portrush - Will return in 2022
    Birr - TBC

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭BeardySi

I fear this will be a very short thread :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Much as I'd love an airshow (especially Cobh because I can walk to it) I fear that it won't be long before these get cancelled. You just simply can't have thousands of people congregating, even outdoors, at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jasT1981

Yeah, I don't see much happening unless something changes fast in regards to vaccines down in the South. Even with the vaccines going well up here in NI I don't see much happening.

It's good to know they were at least making plans for a show. A team like Patrouille Suisse is much needed after a few lackluster shows recently in Bray.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Dohvolle

I thought Cobh was already cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭jasT1981

Nope, still being listed as August 2021. https://cobhairspectacular.com/

It was due to be last year but they changed it pre covid 19.
    THE inaugural Cobh Air Spectacular has been postponed until August 2021.

Organisers were bowled over by the level of national and international interest following the launch and, as a result, the event has become much bigger than originally anticipated.

In a statement, they said they are pushing back the date to facilitate a number of international fleets, which will, in turn, attract many overseas visitors to the region.

Those involved say this is a huge opportunity to showcase Cork and to establish Cobh and the lower harbour as a regular venue for a world-class air show, so they want to ensure the most successful event possible.

The event has already attracted dozens of aircraft, such the AeroSuperBatics Wing walkers, The STRIKEMASTERS, Team Raven, Jet Display teams, Historical aircrafts, the coastguard and RNLI.

More announcements are expected to be made over the coming months.

The event was originally scheduled to take place on July 12, 2020, with organisers saying it could attract up to 100,000 spectators

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

There is not a hope in hell of anything happening in this Country regarding Air Shows, could you imagine NEPHET allowing them to happen, they have announced this morning in the UK that they cannot rule out more lockdowns there. God I would love a good air show.

Storm 10 wrote: »
    There is not a hope in hell of anything happening in this Country regarding Air Shows, could you imagine NEPHET allowing them to happen, they have announced this morning in the UK that they cannot rule out more lockdowns there. God I would love a good air show.

It all depends on how quick the vaccine rollout happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,853 ✭✭✭Storm 10

Dohvolle wrote: »
    It all depends on how quick the vaccine rollout happens.

Just been announced that we are in for another 9 weeks of lockdown

Storm 10 wrote: »
    Just been announced that we are in for another 9 weeks of lockdown

I was aware of that (announced last night).
    The question is how soon we can reopen once restrictions are eventually removed. Problem at present (thread derailing) is we are still near 1000 new infections daily, DURING lockdown.
    Lockdown isn't working because rules are not being followed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

With RIAT already cancelled, I would strongly doubt any Air Force will be drawing up plans to display or exhibit at Airshows in Europe for this year.
    As the US is a law entirely unto itself, Oshkosh Air Venture 2021 is still going ahead July 26th to August 1st. Although, last year’s event was cancelled as late as May 1st.

• Advertisement

Bray 2022 has some nice acts to announce. Hopefully the 2nd lot use Baldonnel and don’t just fly in and out of the U.K.

Red Arrows

BBMF

• Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

The way I'm reading Brays website is that the Saturday is ground day only, and Sunday is the only airshow day. If so, thats a step backwards.

Cobh Air Spectacular seems to be dead in the water. Website gone. Shame, as that had serious potential.

Advertisement