Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Using hand truck in the public transport.

• 03-04-2022 12:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Is it allowed and does it cost any extra to use the hand truck in the public transport. E.g. I'm thinking buying 3-4 computer cases or a small night stand and then take LUAS+train to get home.

What would be the least crowded hours to do it, to not disturb any passengers? Trains seems to be quite empty after 8pm.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Red or Green line?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 zkaro

Green, from e.g. from downtown to Broombridge

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭cbreeze

I've seen wheelchairs, buggies, electric scooters etc on the Luas. I don't think there is anything in the regulations to prevent the hand truck. The regulations are here:

there is something about not using a skateboard on board a tram in the list of things one can't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

you are not allowed….

b) act in a manner that is a nuisance or a danger to any person

(y) place or use any object on a light rail vehicle or light railway in a manner that is or ‘may’ become a danger to life or health, the operation and maintenance of a light rail vehicle or light railway or would otherwise interfere with the proper operation of a light rail vehicle or light railway,

problem would be as far as I can see… manoeuvring the hand truck onto the tram and again off it…that is not without risk.

a lot of people trying to get on and off in a hurry, one person gets a bang of the bottom plate of a hand truck into the shin, ‘ kindly sir, watch where you are going ‘ is unlikely to be the given response. That’s going to hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 zkaro

Thank you, then I'll search for some other way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,764 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

If it’s not busy I’d say go for it but could be a bit dangerous if any way busy with kids, old people etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Speaking as a bus driver I wouldn't have a problem with it. Wheelchairs , buggies and electric scooters are carried every day. Occasionally musicians get on wheeling their equipment on hand trucks. No charge and no problem in my opinion 👍

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭the boss of me

Advertisement