Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

*** QUESTIONS *** All non specific gig questions in here.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Gotcha - in that case 308/328 or similar sounds like a good shout.

Thanks folks - appreciate the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,154 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I'm heading to a gig in Whelan's next weekend. Just wondering do they still give free entry to the late bar after gigs these days? Or do you have to go out an queue up for the late bar/club again?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Anyone have any luck with Ticketmaster regarding ticket exchange, that is to say swapping seats in one place for somewhere else? Got 2 seated for the Cure in the presale as there were no standing showing at the time. There are now. Sent of a request to switch them. Anyone fancy my chances?

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Suvarnabhumi

My dog eat my tickets :(

Seriously, I have 4 tickets to an upcoming concert, but the dog got her teeth into one of them. The ticket is destroyed. Is there anything I can do? Will ticketmaster issue a replacement? I've been on their website and gone to the "submit a request to ticketmaster", but the drop down menu doesn't give me a suitable option. Anyone got any advice on what to do next?

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭spindex

Contact ticketmaster, say that you never received any tickets. They will issue replacements which you may have to pick up at a box office on the night of the show. Don't mention the dog story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 NewRomantics

Is there a specific thread here for swapping/selling tickets? I have 2 Standing Dua Lipa tickets for Thursday 21st April (the gig has been rescheduled about 3 times) and would love to swap with someone for 2 tickets for the previous night, Wednesday 20th April. As luck would have it, I've a good friend's wedding on the Thursday.

I've already posted on DoneDeal and wondering if there are other places I should try...bit of a long shot but I really want to go to the concert if I can and both dates are sold out on Ticketmaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,406 ✭✭✭chewed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭PopTarts

Answered elsewhere - Thanks

Post edited by PopTarts on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Not sure if this is the right place for it - heading up to Croke Park for Ed Sheeran with the kids - is there any recommended parking worth considering? We'll be coming up from Galway and heading back on the same night if that's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭fun loving criminal

Is the Croke Park pitch covered during concerts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,135 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

It was the last time i went..Not sure if it goes all the way back but it had white hard plastic if i recall correctly

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭Lightscribe

I don't know if this will be seen here but I'll ask anyway.

I have tickets for Ed's concert in Limerick on Friday night but they're only in the Ticketmaster app and need a code to activate which will be text to my phone when I request it.

It looks like I may not be able to go now is there any way of selling the tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'm looking to get a ticket for a gig in Vicar Street. Now, every time I've been there before I've been in the standing section but this is sold out.

So, my options are either to get a seated or standing ticket for the balcony. It seems that the standing ticket would give a bit more freedom but I'm just wondering what experience others have had with regards to this and which they would recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,751 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

It's a small enough standing area, avoid getting the seats that are directly behind the standing area because you'll be spending your evening looking at people's backs

Was in the one of the side balconies before and it was a very good view

• Registered Users Posts: 9,680 ✭✭✭hynesie08

The seats directly behind the standing area aren't for sale for standing gigs, so you've no fear of that.

Standing in the balcony is at the back behind the seats, can be alright if the band are good enough.

I really don't remember security ever checking what my ticket said once I was inside though. Do with that information what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

I'm going to a gig in the Royal Hospital Kilmainham this week and was wondering what opinions are on the venue? Never been before. We'll be getting the luas so not worried about transport.

It's a rectangular field, it has all the benefits of being rectangular (pretty good view from everywhere) and the drawbacks of a field (being outside in Ireland), there's nothing massively interesting or unique about it, it's just an open green space in the middle of the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭newbie18892

Thanks. Sounds decent. Do you have any idea about the capacity? I read 5k and 10k online so curious which it is.

I think it's about 12k, the 5k is for festivals where you've multiple stages and shiz.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Hynesie is correct this will be 12-13k or there abouts.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Kilteragh

We'll be driving up from Limerick at about 4pm for the Killers gig in Malahide Castle on 14th June. Anyone know what the parking situation is like or if I can prebook parking? We'll be driving back down after the gig.

For Pairc Ui Choamh anyone know what the numbers of the Aisle Seats in the Upper South Stand ?

Was up there for matches but cant remember the seat numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 53,833 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Hi All.

If I'm not going to an event can I give me eTicket to someone else or will it only work on my account?

Unfortunately resale and transfer is not available for the ticket yet

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭skinnyfries

Just wondering if anybody has any experience of Trinity Summer Gigs. I’m hoping to bring my (underage daughter), who looks 18. Do they check id or is it just because of alcohol on sale?

Would also like to know what the answer is to this question, if anyone knows?

small thing but was over in the Principality Stadium in Cardiff the weekend and at the bar they give you a lid with your drink

Why on earth don't the people running the bars at events here do that ?? is it the Irish thing of 'ah be grand they wont spill the drink'

Are you not capable of carrying a pint up a flight of stairs without spilling it?

I am

Just emphasising how much handier it is having a lid on your pint

• Advertisement

I'm a grown man, I don't need a sippy cup.

Advertisement