Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

http://www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/

Options
  • 02-06-2021 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭

Hi folks, anyone bought from these guys since Brexit? Looking to get a new bag and quite fancy the PING pioneer. €194 including delivery. They said they cover all associated costs but just wanted to be sure that I don’t get hit with duty/double VAT and other charges.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

dodzy wrote: »
    Hi folks, anyone bought from these guys since Brexit? Looking to get a new bag and quite fancy the PING pioneer. €194 including delivery. They said they cover all associated costs but just wanted to be sure that I don’t get hit with duty/double VAT and other charges.

Just got a bag delivered from them this week and there were no extra customs charges so think it's all sorted in the price you pay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

AFK123 wrote: »
    Just got a bag delivered from them this week and there were no extra customs charges so think it's all sorted in the price you pay

That’s great, cheers for the info AFK. Incidentally, do you know who the carrier was?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

Yep I just bought new shoes and no extra charges. Delivery was via DPD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,110 ✭✭✭big_drive

That's great to hear. It's getting harder to find bargains. Price of clubs is gone mad, even secondhand

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Ordered a full set of irons from them a couple of weeks age. Delivery took about an extra week over the 7-10 days they promised. But they arrived in the end, well packaged and no taxes/charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

I'd recommend them as a good retailer but note that they are very slow for delivery at the moment. If you're happy to wait and find a bargain they're a good shout.

Pros
    - Large selection of products
    - No customs fee guarantee
    - Very competitive pricing

Cons
    - Very slow delivery (almost three weeks for items that were already in stock)
    - Shipping fees for returns

As far as club orders go, the manufacturers still have backlogs in the order of months in some cases. I'd be inclined to shop local for something that's in stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,561 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

I didn't have any delivery time issues. I ordered on Fri 21st. and shoes were delivered Wednesday 26th. Could possibly be dependent on the item itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,920 ✭✭✭dodzy

Thanks a million lads for the testimonials. I’ll dive in so! Cheers once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭AFK123

Yeah I found delivery quiet fast. Ordered on a Friday and delivered following Wednesday. Dpd was the delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭TedR

Had an issue immediately post Brexit with extra costs added on delivery to some Puma gear, but they apologised, issued credit, and were great about it
    Have ordered since, no problems. I think they build in any extra to the displayed price once you are in ROI, so its all clear before pressing the buy button

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

I emailed them a while back to enquire if all costs were covered up front and they said yeah. Bought that recent Ping head cover with ping man on it off them a couple of weeks ago, found it very slow to get delivered. Ordered on a Saturday evening, expected it to ship out on the Monday but didn't ship for 4/5 days and only arrived the following Wednesday so took 8 working days to get to me which I thought was poor enough but I'd still be happy to order from them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keithham1

Ordered from ClubhouseGolf.co.uk. Bought the Cobra King F9-S Speedback 12-piece golf package set, 2 dozen golf balls and tees. Got a message from DPD yesterday €273 in customs charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭coillcam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,232 ✭✭✭waterwelly

That's a pity, I got stuff a while back around Christmas no issues, 6 or 7 hundred euro worth I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭AyeGer

GolfSupport.com are similar to clubhouse golf they are a UK company but they calculate the total price including taxes in euros. I've bought from them recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

Something gone wrong there, would speak to Clubhouse as they make a point of being able to deliver around EU without incurring charges. I and others I play with have ordered from there in the last few months with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 keithham1

All sorted rang clubhouse, they made a mistake with the label for customs to see that it charges were prepaid. All prices on ClubhouseGolf include customs charges. Thanks lads

Advertisement