Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Order or Mix Myself?

Options
  • 31-03-2022 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Looking to put down a concrete base for a dog enclosure in the garden. 4m long, 1.5m wide (using an existing path to make it 3m wide so no need to pour here) and 10cm deep.

Online calculator says 0.6m3 required.

Am I better off ordering this small amount, or mix myself? Which would work out cheapest? I have access to a mixer and can get a friend to grab a load of gravel.

If mixing myself, how many bags of cement would this take and how much gravel would I need?

Many thanks in advance! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭mr.stonewall

It's about 7-8 mixes of a small mixer. You would have it done in a little over an hour and half to 2 hours.

Worthwhile getting a ton bag of gravel and about 8 bags of cement.

Batching plants won't want the hassle of dropping a M3 and will charge handsomely for the pleasure.

A m3 is about €107+vat here for loads over a 6m3. Small load charge of about €80

If you can get gravel from a nearby pit or quarry it will be a about 20 for the ton. 8bags of cement @€6.50/bag brings it to 52. And a total cost of about 70. If you know of anyone building nearby you might be able to Source your gravel easier and cheaper.

Advertisement