Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Hopefully its just a typo and everything runs as normal.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Peesh89

Saw that on the Overheard group as well.. the tickets currently selling on ticketbooth have 11:59pm on the 19th alright.

That'd be pretty shifty doing that now after selling tickets to people thinking they were doing the usual Friday - Sunday. It's a pretty hefty price tag as well if that's the case. All Together Now is cheaper ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Who are these folks? You couldn't even have a full day of music on Friday cause half the day is spent getting there and getting setup with camping and stuff. In 2019 Kneecap were the first big act that day and they didn't start to like 4 or 5

Same weekend in the UK, would be nice if there was a few of these crossing over.

• Advertisement

Dunno Keith just some folk that noticed the end date of the festival changed on the Facebook B&S event page, I wouldn't worry its probably just a typo or another Facebook poster mentioned it could be a glitch from Facebook itself that could be causing the confusion.

That looks to be promising, but a lot of these acts would be more suited to Life festival which doesn't seem to be happening this year, quite a lot of them are hard techno acts whilst with Body & Soul there is more a balance between house acts and techno acts. Plus some of the acts have been booked for Beyond the Pale festival happening the weekend before B&S.

Absolutely agree with you there. There's a small handful that would be nice to have!

Raging I can't get to Beyond The Pale, looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Dunno where you got the idea that Life isn't happening this year BD. Seen you mention before that their socials were quiet but that's not true at all, they've been posting lineup info for months now.

Definitely on (as a noob i'm not allowed post links apparently but checkout their website Life-festival.com).

I do wish that B&S did book some hard techno. In fact hard/dirty music of any genre. Not everyone likes House/Disco and dull, low-key electronica.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

Just assumed Life wasn't happening as no thread started here in Gigs and Events and I usually get reminders on Facebook if Life announces as I used to work it up to 2015.

Just checked their website and your right there's a line up there, but they don't seem to be doing the usual Facebook advertising hence why I thought it was off, the line up seems a lot smaller than past years. Maybe you should start the new Life Festival thread Dreamweapon. 😄😄

• Advertisement

I don't think B&S have ever booked any heavy techno djs or acts. The heaviest was probably Vitalic or Modseletor, but they are more on the side of electro. Plenty of other festivals in Ireland in May & June that have lots of heavy techno so I don't see B&S trying to cater for that side of electronic music. As you said they have always been more into booking house & disco djs, can't see them changing that anytime soon. Would love to see them book Avalon Emerson again, she plays all types of electronic music in her sets, she played her fair share of heavy house in the big tent back in 2017.

Body & Soul have cleared the time issue up on that post in the Overheard group anyway :)

"That’s definitely an error folks. Will look into it and rectify. Closing time on Sunday is same as previous years."

I wouldn't be surprised if Thievery Corporation show up at Body & Soul, they would be the perfect compliment to the previous Friday headliner Kruder & Dorfmeister and there seems to be a gap between their US and European tour around time of summer solstice, here's hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Lineup announced for all the moan heads here ;

https://bodyandsoul.ie/experiences/music/

Yesss that's a decent lineup! Been wanting to see Yves tumour and Kelly Lee Owens for ages now. Time to start making a playlist 😁

I happy with that too Roisin Murphy and Mogwai should be good, I'm hearing good reports on EP thread about Yard Act and will make some new discoveries no doubt as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 382 ✭✭Mazzy Star

That's absolutely deplorable.

Mogwai and Lee Fields be good, Roisin Murphy as well obviously but I have tickets to see her in April. Most of the rest are Irish acts who play here the whole time that I have seen on multiple occasions.

With the new festival in Wicklow this must be the death knell for a once great festy. Hard to feel much sympathy as the standard of the line ups have nosed dived since maybe 2015 or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,463 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

€250 for that line up is very steep

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Mogwai and Yard Act the standouts.

Altered Hours, Pillow Queens and M(h)aol worth a look but have seen them mulitple times, and can see them on a regular basis if i choose to. Lee Fields is decent enough. The rest is standard B&S fare that wouldn't interest me much.

Also noticed that they intend returning to full capacity and letting families back too in 2023

Post edited by Dreamweapon on

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

I'm just glad its happening as I work it in the advance anyway, have been checking out the line up. It looks like Sampa the Great will be this years Alo Wala, hip hop act from Australia, watched some of their Youtube videos and they seem interesting enough. Yves Tumor looks like they could be fun. So that's at least 5 or 6 acts that's got me. There is 'Many More...' to come so some nice electronica I'll imagine added through the coming month or two, still wouldn't mind Thievery Corporation if they can snap them up, how about Max Cooper and Daniel Avery too would be nice.

Sofia Kourtesis is nice housey kinda vibe. Started listening to her when I heard a remix of her tune La Perla. Definitely high on my priority list.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just checked her out there she’s got a great sound. Estacion Esperanza is a banger. Any other acts like that on the bill?

Number 7 act to see, Sofia Kourtesis, Peruvian born but Berlin based DJ, she has a nice groove and vibe going with her sounds.

Godford might be for you as well.. kinda on the spectrum of The Blaze, I dunno what genre to be giving different electronic/house artists. The Beast tune gives me Bicep vibes. I You She and Downtown are other nice ones.

I've said vibes too may times today, someone put me down.

Just listened to a bit of Godford, nice stuff, interesting electronica, was it you who suggested checking out Magdalena Bay as well in the Overheard thread, dreamy pop with a bit of crunch to it, totally Body&Soul. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Grand lineup.

Swear to got all the people who complain about there being no released lineup are now the exact same people complaining because the lineup isn't tailored perfectly to them.

Why do these people even goto festivals?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Quick Playlist there for anyone interested.

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/2HgffVfm951Pnsk8qp6X5T?si=5d6fcdbc78ff40ce

Disclaimer: Playlist is not tailored to you specifically.

Advertisement