Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Body & Soul 2022

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

I think not revealing the lineup is a risky move but B&S know the crowd they’re going to attract and that type of crowd doesn’t really give a fùck about the lineup for the most part so it shouldn’t affect them really.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,810 ✭✭✭Charlie

For those of us who purchased tickets back in 2019, and have held onto them, not revealing their lineup is a bit of a snide move tbh (that wouldn’t have been the understanding when purchasing them then). Even more so when you consider the price of their tickets, which are definitely at the high end for a boutique festival.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,512 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

I understand your pov and you are right, you are coming from the 2019 mind-set that was used to line ups being revealed, I think they are just trying it for this year to see what happens. Time will tell if they still have a few thousand tickets to sell by mid May they might just have to reveal at least some of the line up. At the same time it looks to be an interesting experiment and I don't mind being part of this, hopefully it works out.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

That’s fair, I’d be miffed too. The tickets are nearly the same price as EP.

Well discussion has taken a dive on this thread but I suppose we've no acts or bands to discuss, which is rather strange. Anyone have a fantasy list of acts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Peesh89

Max Cooper would be great alright! Loved Vitalic in 2017 as well but don't know if they would have them back so soon? Dying to see Rufus Du Sol, would be a good fit I reckon. Watched a few of Stimming's and Maceo Plex sets on Cercle recently and would love to see either of them. I've been campaigning to get Swedish guys Gidge over to Ireland through every post-festival survey I ever get over the last 6 years but to no avail 😂

Air would be lovely for a nice sunset set. Public Service Broadcasting are playing in Dublin/Cork in May but saw them at B&S at EP a few years back, would love to see them again.

Saw The Deadfox Sisters recently and would love to see them at Body & Soul, great for any Knockanstockan heads in the crowd. Lankum, The Olllam and The Gloaming any day.

Booka Brass band would be nice to see, dunno if they’re still doing the rounds but I saw them at EP a few years back and they were quality.

I agree with some of the other posters, would like to see Max Cooper and Air, would also like to see Kraftwerk if that was in B&S's budget seeing that they are touring a lot and playing festivals this year and of course some of the familiar acts that have played through the years, wouldn't mind Daniel Avery as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

You'd want to be pretty naive to not see what's happening here. They have nothing to drive ticket sales in terms of acts so this gimmick is the approach.

It's disingenuous and people holding legacy tickets should be allowed a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,857 ✭✭✭endainoz

I wouldn't go that far, they obviously have acts lined up to play. They probably won't be the caliber of acts they normally get with the attendance halved. I hadn't heard anything about refusal of refunds, surely something can be arranged to sort that out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭El Director

Do B&S usually release day tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

They are announcing acts before the festival. Says on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭whelzer

They booked Nick Cave a few years ago when it was just 5k tickets, heard this from the organisers during an interview, they also said that it nearly broke the bank but that they would do it again...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Hard to know what to make of their decision not to announce a lineup this year, I think of all festivals in the country they are probably the one who could pull it off the best. They don't usually rely on massive headliners (in recent years anyway) and were always more about the atmosphere, art, etc. If you were someone who was likely to go to B&S in 2020 then I think there is a good chance you will enjoy this years festival as much as you would have that one.

But on the other hand, it does feel a bit like a gimmick to cover up their lack of star power in their lineup. €250 is a lot of money to hand over without knowing any acts too. Personally I love the excitement around a lineup announcement, listening to playlists, going through the clashfinders..

I'll be going to ATN this summer and probably a day of Forbidden Fruit, I definitely have room for at least one more festival but not sure what. I don't think I'll be buying a B&S ticket in advance, but if the weather is good the week of then I'd consider it. Will be interesting to see if their strategy pays off or not!

I know exactly what you mean from the second paragraph, before EP's announcement I was reading the old threads of various festivals going from the opening announcement to second and third announcements then the aftermath reports.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭overpronator

If the lineup is of the calibre they say from the website blurbs, why NOT announce it? Surely with all of the other stuff planned too that would make the festival a no brainer and generate huge interest.

This strategy makes no sense.

Ill be there anyway though and I'm sure will have a great weekend, it just feels shady on the organisers part.

That must be a new enough addition to the website

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Dreamweapon

Have been to all but one but I think the festival has been on the slide for a few years now. It had gotten tired and stale and was in serious need of a break and rethink (i told them as much elsewhere online). The last great year was 2015 (2016 maybe?) when Leftfield, Goat, Savages, Super Furry Animals, Songhoy Blues and Dan Deacon played. Since then though it's been ever decreasing circles of quality imo.

All this talk of 'the vibe' and 'trust us' is all well and good but it's hardly Glastonbury. We need to hear some decent music too, but it's just all so bland. The last act to really get stuck into was The Bug, otherwise it's, overall, a steady diet of dull House/Disco and Electronica with the odd act to be found. How many times do you see people actually having a proper dance rather than gently swaying like they're at a Boiler Room session? 😉

They can't have sold many tickets for the last one as those tickets have been carried over and even at 5,500 capacity for this year they still haven't sold out. That's telling in how the public feels i think.

I'll wait and see for now but i'm not holding my breath that they'll deliver.

Big on the all mouth and trousers scene

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭keithkk16

Everyday I see B&S post on instagram and feel like spamming it every time with "any chance of a line-up?"

I see another query brought up on Overheard at Body & Soul, apparently the festival closes at 4 PM on the Sunday, so that must mean its a full Friday and Saturday schedule, but that doesn't seem right. I liked to be leaving Ballinough with a hangover on the Monday morning, it would seem strange to have it all end the day before at 4 PM.

https://www.facebook.com/events/837693404298155?active_tab=about

Edit: But then again it could simply just be a typo and was meant to say 20th 4 AM.

Post edited by bodhrandude on

• Advertisement

Is that on the Sunday I presume. Is that the 2020 ticket your referring to or the reissued ticket. Folk are saying that Friday and Saturday will be two full days finishing in the early hours of Sunday and that we all have to head off by 4 PM on Sunday afternoon. That basically means that its two days entertainment instead of 3 days at the price of 250 euros which is pretty hefty and more expensive now than the Electric Picnic.

Hopefully its just a typo and everything runs as normal.

Saw that on the Overheard group as well.. the tickets currently selling on ticketbooth have 11:59pm on the 19th alright.

That'd be pretty shifty doing that now after selling tickets to people thinking they were doing the usual Friday - Sunday. It's a pretty hefty price tag as well if that's the case. All Together Now is cheaper ?!

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Who are these folks? You couldn't even have a full day of music on Friday cause half the day is spent getting there and getting setup with camping and stuff. In 2019 Kneecap were the first big act that day and they didn't start to like 4 or 5

Same weekend in the UK, would be nice if there was a few of these crossing over.

Dunno Keith just some folk that noticed the end date of the festival changed on the Facebook B&S event page, I wouldn't worry its probably just a typo or another Facebook poster mentioned it could be a glitch from Facebook itself that could be causing the confusion.

That looks to be promising, but a lot of these acts would be more suited to Life festival which doesn't seem to be happening this year, quite a lot of them are hard techno acts whilst with Body & Soul there is more a balance between house acts and techno acts. Plus some of the acts have been booked for Beyond the Pale festival happening the weekend before B&S.

• Advertisement

Absolutely agree with you there. There's a small handful that would be nice to have!

Raging I can't get to Beyond The Pale, looks good.

Advertisement