Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

John's Garage Irish YouTube Channel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,611 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

In case you missed last weeks episode please see this link -------->  https://youtu.be/GdpGf7gjbQk

This week we'll be taking a look at the interesting history of the Renault 25 and why it was both a huge success and failure for Renault. 

Folks, I'm going to delay this week's episode. I'm afraid my lovely dog Bella was injured in an accident this evening and is going for surgery tomorrow. As she has been at my side during all production and countless other motoring adventures I'd like to give her and my kids my full attention over the next few days. 

In the meantime there are 29 videos on the channel for you to enjoy and dont forget to subscribe. 

Hope you understand and you can look forward to a new episode in a few days, 

John 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Really admire your commitment to this, it no doubt takes a lot of time and effort. I’m seeing a lot of cars from my childhood here, lots of memories. hope your dog recovers fully!

Hi folks, This week on John's Garage I take an interesting new Peugeot 508 PSE for a drive and explain how you could own it.  

The Renault 25 history video has been deferred until next week. 

For those interested Bella my dog is still badly injured and we find out on Saturday if she needs an operation. 

Sorry for being so slow to respond to this, thanks so much for the nice comment! Sometimes I'm not sure if anyone is reading or keeping up with the posts at times. I'm not going to lie, getting one new video out a week is a hell of a challenge at times but glad you're enjoying it.

As for Bella, she has had to rest a huge amount this week and we will find out at the weekend if she needs an operation so fingers crossed for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,198 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Serious car but would be hard to justify the price as it will surely drop value as rapidly as it accelerates.

Would be a nice buy at 3 year old possibly.

Its hard to argue with that. Peugeot values seem to be stabilising on the used market but I don't know if that's because of how things are currently or because used buyers are finding them more desirable.

As a car it's impressive but I wouldn't be buying it with the intention of changing it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Watched your first video and your last and seems production quality is much improved, fair play.

First video, the sound quality wasn't great.

For YT channels, production quality can really cover for a lesser quality content so it's really important imo.

It's improving all the time.

I've no back ground in any of this, media, editing, filming etc etc so just learning as I go. Also, buying new equipment when I've a little spare cash. I do enjoy it though. I'm just hoping to constantly improve over time. I've a busy day job so this is firmly in hobby territory.

I've just finished editing a video for April which I think is as good as I've made so far. And currently writing a script for a history video on Peugeot Talbot Sport which i think is a little different. Hopefully people are just enjoying it, I'm just trying to share the fun I'm having.

The odd arty shot is making an appearance - you must be getting the hang of it.

I can imagine there is alot of work in editing all this stuff not to mention arranging cars to drive, research etc.

Nice to see the odd modern car too.

• Advertisement

There's lot of work when you don't know what you're doing lol

• Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

More sleepers please.

If I can! Really loved that Pug. Driven a few cars since and it's still in my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,861 ✭✭✭fancy pigeon

Well, if you're in my neck of the woods you're welcome to review my S60. Just an ordinary, standard looking, beige Volvo...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,474 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Would love you to review a Volvo V70R from any year.

Unfortunately I don't have one.

This week I will be taking a look at the history of the Renault 25 after this episode was postponed 2 weeks ago.

Don't forget to subscribe here ---------------> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3fvK8I_1zPXDhqUUPOAdQ

This week on John's Garage we take a look at the history of the Renault 25. This was far more interesting than expected. Sadly, copyright claims stopped me using rare factory footage of production. Anyway, enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

That was class John. I clearly remember the controversy of the Renault CEO giving out publicly about his own car. Caused quite a stir at the time. Showing my age here, that was the guts of 40 years ago 😁

Thanks Unkel.

Only thing I can think of in modern times was Sergio Marchionnie talking about Fiat Chrysler cars a few years back. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

Glad you enjoyed it, make sure to share it! Still building up the channel

Is it boxy or is it poxy?

This week we drive a 2008 Nissan Cube3 and this one IS FOR SALE by the owner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Gerard93

Hi John enjoying your YouTube Channel well done !!!

Just watched recently your clip on the BMW E34 535i Sport, I note in the comments you mentioned you did a video on costs involved in bring import of these or similar the link is not working and I cannot see on your playlist the video ?

I did a video where I worked out the potential costs involved which you might find informative. Click the link below to see it. I did ask the owner why he chose the 535i Sport over an M5 and also an 850i and it came down to usability. Despite the rarity now of a 535i Sport everything can be gotten without issue to keep it on the road. The same can't be said of the M5, that and the second you mention M5 the parts prices go wild. As this is a daily driver it was a key deciding factor. https://youtu.be/PyPy2N0pPvE

The Link is showing as Video unavailable would be great if you could share it .

Thanks

Sorry I've been on the road with work so only getting a chance to reply now. I pulled the video as I made a calculation error (10% import charge doesn't apply to a car over 30 years old).

I do intend to make another video on it BUT every time I get a solid answer from Revenue on something I get 10 exceptions to the rule which makes it very difficult to make it easy to follow for viewers. Best bet is just ring Revenue.

Tomorrow on John's Garage we will be taking a look at a brand which can boast over 125 years of motor racing experience, something only one other brand can say. Tune in tomorrow to hear a brief exploration of Peugeots racing history and their hugely successful Peugeot Talbot Sport era from the 80s through 90s. 

Don't forget to subscribe to see it first. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3fvK8I_1zPXDhqUUPOAdQ

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭Gerard93

Thanks John, I was only curious to see it to be honest not at the buying stage yet !😀

This week on John's Garage we take a look at the racing legend that is Peugeot. Enjoy! 

Tomorrow on John's Garage we'll be taking a look at this Beautiful 😍 Irish Peugeot 406 3l V6. Don't forget to subscribe here https://youtube.com/c/JohnsGarageIreland

This week on John's Garage we take a look at and drive of this gorgeous Peugeot 406 3l V6

Well that seems to have gone well! Seems everyone likes the 406 Coupe. Quality up too of the video so hope that's helping 😀

Liked that. Plenty of high quality shots of the interior etc which I really like to see specially when its a nice spec in great condition.

Interesting to see that Peugeot dealer keeping an interest in a few classics. Too many dealers now have no history with their franchise and staff knowledge that matches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,547 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Peugeot have a long and proud tradition of stunningly beautiful coupes. The 406 is certainly part of that!

Advertisement