Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Icynene Foam - no vent cards ??

Options
  • 28-03-2022 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I had a local insulation outfit quote me €6k for Icynene spray foam in between my roof rafters. (€26 a metre)

They say they can do the whole roof in one day.

And they say that its so quick because Icynene is breathable so there is no need to fit the backing cards to make an air channel.

So, it's be just 125mm of foam from the wall plate up to the ridge.

I am just a bit concerned about this lack of any air channel to let the rafters breath.

Even if Icynene is breathable.. do I still not need to have some way to let the rafthers deal with moisture?

Thanks in advance for any constructive comments or advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

vidapura

My advice is do not allow those plonkers back in to your house.

I always advise my clients to never use spray foam in the attic or anywhere near timber

What they are doing is in breach of the Building Regulations (BR),

Here is the BR Diagram:-

Why would you want to waste money on heating the entire volume of air in your attic

Why are you intending to insulate your attic?

Why not use insulation that will comply with the BR.

Do you have Attic Rooms.

Advertisement