Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Stand With Eamon Dunphy

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭fm

Ryan can't go to out because his kids haven't had their second vaccination,what a load of shite.And Eamo and the team haven't got covid because on Ryan's guidance,an even bigger load of shite, Eamonn is still loving the doom unfortunately and his show is not worth listening to anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

I listen to it as a bizarre form of comedy at this stage

It is **** HILARIOUS

Kind of like modern day Jerry Springer but none of them are in on the joke

• Registered Users Posts: 13 HeavyLift

The guy talks too slow for me.

Just spit it out Eamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

What's up with the sound mixing recently? In the middle of an interview there is suddenly dead air for a few seconds before the interview suddenly kicks on again. I am often reaching for the phone to check if it has paused somehow only for the audio to kick bag in.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭72sheep

Can't see Tomas Ryan's pride allowing for him to be perceived as fading into the background. Seeing as I called it right last time, I'm going to predict he boldly returns to his regular two week cadence - so that means a new episode this week!! What's more I'm predicting The Ryan Project will have a truly terrifying tale to tell that will shake Eamo (yes, Yes, YES) to his very core. Exciting ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,546 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Sure last week they were talking about the Heineken Cup games being superspreader events as if it was April 2020.

Assuming Eamon has control over who the guests are I can't see Ryan going away anytime soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I'm looking forward to the next Bryan MacDonaldski's update from The USSR.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Is he the RT lad who thinks it's all NATO's fault and thinks Putin is just class?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

It’s embarrassing stuff, the pure definition of confirmation bias.

Bryan MacDonald has been very notable by his absence even though you'd think that it would be obvious to have him on regularly at the moment due to high interest value - he hasn't been on since January 6 as far as I can see.

Maybe he has decided to keep schtum on Vlad's latest escapades in terms of outside protestations and stick to the local propaganda drive which probably provides plenty of work to get through right now.

Nobody would really fancy a mug of Putonium's Gold Blend Special.

The bould bryan has come out on Twitter to say that he got it aresways in relation to Ukraine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭orecir

Eamo definitely wearing his FF pyjamas today in the last podcast.

You can tell her really admires Michael Martin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,286 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Dunphy has been quite good with the frequency of podcasts this week, interesting guests too.

I'm glad for him he has new sponsors, but by God are his sponsor reads long...

Ok this is ridiculous, where has The Ryan Project disappeared to?!?

Never mind that war in Ukraine, last we heard from Tomas there are still multiple threat environments in Eire within which he did not feel safe. Does a war abroad neutralise the deadly threat that Covid presents? Adding flags to your Twitter profile (yay, smiley face!) is simply not good enough. Very poor form indeed. Eamo please fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I see Bryan MacDonald has gone silent on Twitter. I wonder has he quit RT like I saw a few others did.

The Indo today calling for more mask wearing and hospital numbers are increasing for "Covid cases". Eamo has already forewarned us that Omicron is certainly not just the flu, the threat from long Covid is real, there are still multiple unsafe environments... Eamo has championed the "consistent voice throughout the pandemic, who indeed saved the lives of The Stand team" and that is...[drum roll]... The Ryan Project. 

Eamo, we need guidance now in these darkest of times, but why oh why has Tomas forsaken us so? 

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Tomas Ryan is back! And this time he's got Covid. From the Dart.

Eamo didn't even ask him how he was. So presumably he's grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Maybe him getting Covid, having a sniffle for a few days then being fine will make him less a zealot about it.

• Advertisement

Utopia, you really should have prefaced that with a spoiler alert. However I expect excitement got the better of you - Tomas pushing through the public safety boundaries with treacherous expeditions on public transport - dear god I hope it was a southside Dart. I'm confident The Ryan Project, as a youngish man, will silently endure Covid with grace and dignity. Eamo, thank you for bringing us the future heroes our country deserves ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭Banana Republic 1

Was listening Tom Callanin and Eamon was in mid sentence and adds cut in. There a sort of amateur hour feel to the podcast now, others podcasters have control where adds are placed or at least work around them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I've noticed this with other podcasts too. Newstalk / Off-the-ball particularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I think the podcast has gone stale recently, the same guests saying the same things.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I don't think its recent... its been like this for quite a while! I'm listening to the episodes less and less, even the soccer ones which I used to love, are way too repetitive... he needs new voices with different perspectives.

Not to pick on the easy target again, but really, what more can Tomas Ryan tell us that he hasn't done already? He's just banging the same drum over and over. Maybe I'm wide of the mark but I don't think there's much appetite out there anymore for whatever message he's trying to deliver. I get the impression Tomas is mad as hell with the general populace who aren't as preoccupied with Covid as he still very clearly is. The media *in general* aren't interested anymore, NPHET have closed down, Tony has just bowed out too. Time to move on Tomas.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,377 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

I don’t listen to him these days but has it not always been this way? Eamon only has his friends on. When has there ever been any kind of debate or argument on his podcast apart from a very rare and infamous John Waters fiasco?

Every guest is someone who either Eamon is friends with or who he has prescreened and he’s happy to let them disseminate an opinion without any challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wendaluis

🙄

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think it would benefit from occasionally having two guests on so the other could offer a different perspective. Like he allows Tomas Ryan for example pretty much free reign to put across his own particular ideology. With zero challenge. I know that's how Eamo likes to do it. To allow guests to spout off almost unchallenged. But it gets a bit tedious after a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭gypsy79

Your assuming Eamo wants a debate....its a left wing diatribe. I listen to hear how nuts they are

And anyone who takes anything Eamo or John Giles says about modern football needs head tested. Dinosaurs

• Advertisement

Very bleak outlook from Paul Sommerville. I don't fully understand his point. Anything but the bond market is too unstable to invest in and will lead to a bust?

Advertisement