Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MHRV Pipes disturbed & Minor Efflorescence

Options
  • 20-03-2022 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭

Hi folks I was up in the attic changing an mhrv filter on my brink renovent 400 mhrv system. I noticed that a number of the pipes had disconnected. 1 from the unit to exhaust outside, the other, mhrv feed for air in to a manifold and another to a manifold. Any idea why or how this would happen ? It’s been unreal windy for a while, I’m wondering has the sheer force of window come down the intake and extract and just moved the pipes ?

Also spotted some efflorescence in both chimneys. Don’t see or feel damp but see a lot of efflorescence. The leads from attic side seem good on both and I have a lined steel chimney in for the stove in one only. Concrete and Groundworks is my game, not this. But I have read that the lined chimney can cause vapours to build between clay and steel and sometimes cause moisture. The other chimney is not in use and has never been, house 5 years old. Small bit of efflorescence on it 3 blocks inside attic no further. That’s in a room that’s not finished and air from house circulates up it. I’m wondering is this just moisture from rain etc causing this issue ? And the fact the chimneys might literally have the liner only no cowel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭madmac187

High magnification camera lens infact has revealed a lot of cracking in both chimneys. One never used and the other is steel lined. I am disgusted.

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭C. Eastwood

Any Photos.

Efflorescence Salts are usually caused by ingress of rainwater.

100% water i can see cracks on both of the chimney with a high magnification scope. So **** it anyway. Now question is whether cracked through, just plaster or is plaster going to fall off ffs.

Photos??

I cannot understand why your chimney is lined with Stainless Steel flexiliner.

your house is only 5 years old, and the flues in your chimney should be constructed to prevent Carbon Monoxide escaping from the flue and in to the house.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 41,089 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Why do you need a high magnification scope to see cracks on both sides of the chimney?

2 story house do not fancy on breaking slates or myself

Advertisement