Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Atlanta - Donald Glover [FX]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I only just found this show and I'm delighted, best show I've watched in a while. Episode 7 of Season 1, with the Montague TV channel has me in knots

Burning through the episodes. Some of the comedy is very much in the 30 for 30 & Community vein, you can see Glover is not just a very good comedy writer, but writer in general. Big fan of the man, like somebody said earlier in the thread, he's multi-talented.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

This starts on BBC Two in the next few days - it's on at about 11.00 PM and they are showing two episodes back to back.

I'm white, middle aged and hate hip-hop, can I watch it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

This starts on BBC Two in the next few days - it's on at about 11.00 PM and they are showing two episodes back to back.

I'm white, middle aged and hate hip-hop, can I watch it?

You'll be rapping "Paper Boi, Paper Boi, Always 'bout that paper, boy" in no time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yeah that's definitely me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Just finished season 2. Great show, hard to define it as it can switch genres. It is so well done. Surprised more people don't watch it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

I'm whizzing through season 2, it's definitely moved away from the story of Paperboy but that hasn't been a detractor really.

The Barber episode had me in hysterics, the Piano episode had me freaked as fúck and the Paperboy in the woods episode was top notch also - very simple episode to shoot I'd say and yet it still had brilliant production value.

This show is on a different level with regard to how it blends feels & fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Just watched the Teddy Perkins episode

WHAT THE F :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Am actually just catching up on season 1.. on the Biebs episode now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭weemcd

Just finished Season 2.

Thoughts:
    That Teddy Perkins episode fúcked me uppp, that was seriously odd, as odd as you would see on mainstream television. Creepy as hell. Definite Michael Jackson vibe going on there, a bit David Lynch at times. I was actually scared.

Earn & Van's relationship is very real and has many layers to it, I really like the way they have portrayed it on the show. They both clearly care for each other, they both make mistakes, they're both hypocrites, they both say and do hurtful things. I've been heartbroken a few times watching it develop over the two seasons.

Paper Boi tune is dope, as is the cover featured on season 2 by Bryce Hitchcock. I don't see a full version of the song anywhere though, please tell me they recorded a full track? I know it's Glover's brother rapping but I haven't seen it anywhere.

The show is ridiculously funny and I could see myself watching random episodes if it's on tv. Short run time helps this a lot.

We all need a friend like Darius

P.S I'm in love with Van.

Can't wait for Season 3, though I'm late to the party with this one so I think some people will have been waiting a lot longer than I have.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭Klonker

I watched the first season of this a while back and I just don't get the appeal. I'm not saying it was bad, I just found it watchable but very average overall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

ThePott wrote: »
    Just watched the Teddy Perkins episode

WHAT THE F :eek:

That was the best 30 minutes of television that I have seen in a while. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 84,842 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ending with Season 4

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

First two episodes aired last night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

• Class. Didn't know this was coming out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,351 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Delighted this is back. It's as good as anything I've ever seen

• Registered Users Posts: 4,870 ✭✭✭Hangdogroad

I watched a few episodes of this series, hit and miss mostly but this was superb. If you're a horror fan its a must see, can be watched as a standalone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭ThePott

Agreed, haven't kept up with the series but that episode was phenomenal.

Not too sure what to make of this, season so far. Episode 1+4 were very Black Mirrorsh in style and were good to watch but its two episodes so far without the main cast which isn't ideal. Episodes 2+3 were brilliant

Bit of a mixed bag so far but a few excellent episodes.

• Advertisement

Binged Season 3. I honestly think this is the best show on Television.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Disappointed with season 3. Some interesting stand along episodes but not enough of Earn, Paper Boy and Darius which is why we tune in. This season was a little bit too self indulgent for my liking

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭clsmooth

Thought the first two episodes of Season 4 were excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Just finished binging the whole lot on Disney+, season 3 was amazing! Loved the main story and the individual stand alone episodes. One felt a bit like a Black Mirror episode, the reparations one, loved where it was going. And that final episode was so good!

Watched the two new episodes of Season 4, loved them both, but I feel its gonna be hard to top season 3.

Love this show, massive fan of DG anyway.

• I enjoyed season 4 but I feel it's gotten more wacky. A bit too many weird bottle episodes. Even the episodes with the regular cast were out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

I was just sitting down to watch season 3 episode 9 and on Up Next on Apple’s TV app it was showing my next episode is 10

i went to the ATLANTA information section and episode 9 is gone.

The episode is on Disney+ though and it works.

My first thought was that they had removed it because of the title but it maybe it was a technicalHas this ever happened before thing?

Has other content on Disney+ or other linked streaming service ever disappeared before?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭Spon Farmer

Okay this is annoying.

I posted the the above and when I looked up at the TV episode 9 is back on the Up Next

What could have caused the problem?

Maybe just removed by mistake, odd all the same .

Probably my favorite TV show of the last 10 years at this point.

• Advertisement

How the hell didn't I know there was a season 4

Advertisement